[SOLVED] Brand new $1500 that is running with very low FPS. im at a loss.

May 22, 2020
Hi Guys, I am at a loss currently. I have been helping my brother with his PC. He purchased this PC to be exact. PC here. When he got it I had him make sure the drivers were all up to date and everything. We have been playing Far Cry New Dawn and he gets less than half the FPS I do. on the same settings as me he will get around 50-60 FPS while I get 120+ FPS. His machine should also out perform mine based on the hardware. Hes using a regular 1920x1080 60 hz monitor.
My specs : i7 9700k 2060 SC ultra on a 165hz MSI monitor.
So far I have had him run UserBenchmarks and Stress tests. Everything comes up normal. And during a Furmark GPU stress test he was getting higher FPS than I was. I also had him make sure his BIOS and Chipset drivers were up to date.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Im not sure where to go from here other than wiping the thing and doing all the drivers and everything myself.

Solution
The hz of the monitor does not matter too much, 1080p to 1440p will matter quite a bit though, more stress on the gpu less on the cpu

Yea it does only change the ram settings but it's good to check as the system builder may have overlooked them and it will affect performance somewhat

With more threads his games should feel a little smoother, frame timings input lag that kind of thing are affected but the difference should not be that high between the two

Might be a good idea to contact the system builder and enquire there, as you bought a prebuilt, the system not performing as it should will be something they might be able to help you with, if there is any issue with hardware, it is their problem and not yours

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Check the BIOS for the X-AMP profile and make sure it is set correctly, also check with ryzen master that the cpu is set to turbo properly aswell, this might be the issue

be sure the settings are the same on both machines for a direct comparison between games and see what settings you can adjust within the games to increase the framerates

May 22, 2020
Check the BIOS for the X-AMP profile and make sure it is set correctly, also check with ryzen master that the cpu is set to turbo properly aswell, this might be the issue

be sure the settings are the same on both machines for a direct comparison between games and see what settings you can adjust within the games to increase the framerates

Doesnt Xamp only change your Ram settings? Or am i mistaken? mm okay ill check the turbo on Master. its running at the 1.4 volts.

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
The hz of the monitor does not matter too much, 1080p to 1440p will matter quite a bit though, more stress on the gpu less on the cpu

Yea it does only change the ram settings but it's good to check as the system builder may have overlooked them and it will affect performance somewhat

With more threads his games should feel a little smoother, frame timings input lag that kind of thing are affected but the difference should not be that high between the two

Might be a good idea to contact the system builder and enquire there, as you bought a prebuilt, the system not performing as it should will be something they might be able to help you with, if there is any issue with hardware, it is their problem and not yours

Solution

TRENDING THREADS