[SOLVED] Brand New 2TB Firecuda SSHD Randomly Fails to Initilaize and slows boot time of primary SSD significantly like 2 min+ from ~20 secs

Aug 10, 2020
I have tried swapping the sata cable/slot with a known functioning drive of a 1TB Baracuda, The SSHD was bought last month and is basically brand new, have tried formatting drive to no success, and removed it entirely from the boot order, also interrmittently fails to detect on boot and have to turn off and on for it to be detected. Have also tried SeaTools and it passes both a Short and SMART test, what else can I do but to send it back under warranty or try a long test and format?

Solution
I have tried swapping the sata cable/slot with a known functioning drive of a 1TB Baracuda, The SSHD was bought last month and is basically brand new, have tried formatting drive to no success, and removed it entirely from the boot order, also interrmittently fails to detect on boot and have to turn off and on for it to be detected. Have also tried SeaTools and it passes both a Short and SMART test, what else can I do but to send it back under warranty or try a long test and format?
Run the long tests, they will not RMA if it passes the tests. If you just bought it perhaps you could return it to the retailer for something else. They are not great drives IMO, if you have to keep it do a diskpart clean all (like a DBAN boot...

RealBeast

Titan
Run the long tests, they will not RMA if it passes the tests. If you just bought it perhaps you could return it to the retailer for something else. They are not great drives IMO, if you have to keep it do a diskpart clean all (like a DBAN boot nuke) then reinitialize and reformat.

Solution