Question brand new 6900xt artifacting ?

PorowSnax

Commendable
Dec 29, 2019
Hello i just purchase a gigabyte 6900xt everything ran great for the first day. However now i notice some artifacting. Its like small squares that blink in and out as I play. Its very noticeable on tarkov but I don't see it at all when playing halo. I do see it on the heaven benchmark but not as much when playing tarkov.

System spec
6900xt
32 gb ram 3200 mhz
750 w Power supply

Honestly I don't know if this is artifacting cause when i look at the sky in tarkov it stops. It happens in PUBG but if i limit the frames to 60 it stops. However that does not work for trakov

COLGeek

Cybernaut
These high-end Radeons can be picky when it comes to PSUs. Yours should be okay.

The 1000w one, as far as wattage is concerned, should be fine. If it is killing other GPUs, it isn't a wattage issue. The GPU will only draw the power it needs, not the full 1000w (for example).

What are the specs for the rest of your system (make/model of all installed components)?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

What are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

Are Windows and your major drivers (motherboard chipset, video, and network) up to date?

Is your motherboard BIOS the most recent version available for it?

PorowSnax

Commendable
Dec 29, 2019
Temps are around 60 to 70 c on the gpu
I did a clean install of of my drivers
No over clock, everything is factory settings
Bios is up to date

Asus tuff z27
I7 7700 also try amd 3700x
32 gb 3200 mhz hyper x

PorowSnax

Commendable
Dec 29, 2019
Canada computer. So i'm pretty sure it was the gpu. I swap out the for the Dell 3080 and it works fine now. Which is really weird cause i thought the 3080 was dead as it crash on two other system. Like it would crash and not POST until i unplug the 3080 from the mother bored and plug it back in . But it seems fine in this system setup? Very confused now

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The RTX 3080s can be very sensitive to power supply requirements. There are many threads on this site (and elsewhere to document that). If sold with a Dell PC, then I would have assumed Dell took that into account.

I suggest returning/swapping the 6900 XT. Good luck.