Question Brand new ADATA SSD very slow, slow down whole system as a secondary drive

Rextus

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
Hello everyone,
I just bought a new SU800 512 GB SSD from ADATA as a laptop upgrade. Everything went fine for the first hour or so after installing Windows 10, but then I started getting an error message box saying Microsoft Windows is not responding.

So i I decided to move it to my main rig to try and wipe the drive to start a new installation of Windows. I noticed, however, that when I try to boot my main system with the ADATA drive connected as a secondary drive by selecting my main drive in boot devices, it takes about 20 to 30 minutes (yeah that's correct) to boot into Windows, which usually takes about 30 seconds. And I tried (I know it's bad to do so but you can't break it more) disconnecting the drive mid boot and my main rig instantly booted up.

Once the system booted up I plugged the drive back in and tried to run diskpart from CMD, which failed after the clean command. Event viewer say the following:
All disk warnings have a different logical block address
View: https://imgur.com/a/G6MoUT4

What do you think could be the problem here? I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert, because the only thing I'm good at is searching on Google.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Crystaldiskinfo show the drive as Good

Last edited:

Seth L

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
That was the first thing that came to mind, but I've had some luck with ADATA in the past and didn't want to go through RMA process :/
Yeah, it doesn't really reflect the company as a whole, because there's always going to be that one bad drive in a batch.

It's understandable to not want to do the RMA, though. I hate the wait, too, lol.