Brand new AMD Ryzen 1700X build high cpu usage with Windows 10. NEED HELP!

Ryan Reynolds

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014
Hello everyone! I just build my new ryzen 1700x build tonight and love it but there is one issue, my cpu usage is anywhere from 70% to 90% at all times and I can't figure out why.
my system specs
AMD Ryzen 1700x no oc
Asus ROG Crosshair 6 hero
EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
Seasonic titanium prime 850w
Corsair vengeance led 32gb 3000 mhz currently at 2133
cooler master maker 5
samsung 960 evo ssd
wd blue 1tb
fractal design Celsius s24

Here is a picture what it looks like. As you can see it is just a bunch of normal programs that are installed that anyone would have on their gaming PC.
http://imgur.com/gallery/duoQV
I never had this issue with my old PC which had an AMD FX 9590 in it or my MSI gaming laptop with an i7 7700HQ. While I was typing this I plugged in some headphones to listen to some music and the CPU usage went way down to around 7, but went all the way back up again. I have looked into the issue as I thought that it might be the audio driver, but I wasn't able to find anything that would cause that. I have also restarted my computer a few times and uninstalled Asus Ai suite as I thought that might be the issue is some ways, but it isn't either. I have also run a virus scan with avast just to be sure there was nothing and there wasn't especially since the computer has only been up for few hours. I can't really think of anything else it might be. If anyone has any ideas of what it might be please let me know as I would be extremely appreciative of it. Thanks!

Solution

Sorry for the late response. The issue was a corrupt driver for my Focusrite Solo audio interface. just reinstalled it and it worked again.

Ryan Reynolds

Reputable
Feb 20, 2014

Sorry for the late response. The issue was a corrupt driver for my Focusrite Solo audio interface. just reinstalled it and it worked again.

Solution