Question Brand New build freezes right after logging in.

Sep 4, 2021
I have just built a new system, I installed Windows 10 and everything is fine up until I enter my password and login. As soon as I'm logged into my account my PC will freeze up within about 20-30 seconds. I notice I do have my wifi connected in normal mode before freezing.

If I try booting into Safe Mode with Networking, I can no longer access the internet neither wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable plugged in. I have been trying to install drivers and software for my motherboard and other hardware but I cannot install much of anything in Safe Mode.

I have tried logging in using a graphics card, using on board graphics, have tried disconnecting the power supply and pulling the motherboard battery for a few mins. Have tried different RAM sticks and different RAM slots. Have tried reinstalling Windows multiple times. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Here is the hardware I am using:

Motherboard:
MSI MPG Z490M GAMING EDGE WIFI LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s Intel Motherboard

CPU:
Intel Core i9-10900k

CPU Cooler:
Kraken X Gen 3 , X73 RGB CPU cooler

RAM:
G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB)

Graphics Card:
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, can you state where you sourced the installer for your OS? While in Safe Mode, can you open up System and see what your OS version is at the time of writing? Which two slots are you populating the sticks of ram with? Make and model of your storage drives? Make and model of your PSU? Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely without experiencing a lock up? While here, please take a look at the BIOS version for your motherboard.

Sep 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, can you state where you sourced the installer for your OS? While in Safe Mode, can you open up System and see what your OS version is at the time of writing? Which two slots are you populating the sticks of ram with? Make and model of your storage drives? Make and model of your PSU? Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely without experiencing a lock up? While here, please take a look at the BIOS version for your motherboard.

I will have to check on the version when I arrive home later, but I do not suspect the OS to be the issue as I have installed the same OS on another system with out any issues.

My PSU is an:
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 850W

My SSD: is an Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD.

I have all possible RAM slot configurations with two different sets of RAM

I am able to access BIOs just fine without any crashes. I will also have to get the version when I arrive home later.