[SOLVED] Brand new build issues

Aug 30, 2019
Hi there,

I just purchased a new build:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/2B2MGG

MWave built it for me and installed all relevant drives.

I was using for about an hour. Downloaded relevant software including steam, etc. Nothing crazy.

Started downloading all the windows installations and left to go out to dinner.
I came home and the computer was off. Thought nothing of it and turned back on.
Checked for more windows updates- stated up-to-date, however needed a restart.
Reset the computer and BAM...a blue screen with vertical stripes for about 4 seconds before receiving a "no signal" text.

I can't log into safe mode as I only receive the blue screen followed by the no signal.

I tried plugging the monitor in again....nothing

I tried plugging the monitor into the motherboard....nothing

I tried turning it on and off 3 times....nothing

The monitor is using a HMDI and it was working perfectly. The HDMI cable is reliable.

Please help. I literally just spent like $2500 on this and have been waiting a month!

Thanks.

Solution
Oh man. That sucks. How do I reinstall if I can't even load a safemode or BIOS?
First I would try what @sdedu77 said as that is the least invasive and is quick to test. If that doesn't work then try resetting the BIOS. This is usually done by powering off and unplugging the computer, opening the case and removing the battery, then shorting across a jumper or try hitting the power button to discharge any capacitors. Replace the battery and power it back on and see if it boots. If it boots great if not you should now be able to get into the BIOS as the settings will have been removed and you can boot from a USB with a copy of Windows.

Your motherboard manual can be seen from this link...
Aug 30, 2019
Try reseating the ram. Swap the sticks with each other or move each one slot to the right (or left, depending of their current placement).
Thanks for your message. however I struggle to see how this would change the outcome as it was working earlier in the day. Could you please shed light on this?

Aug 30, 2019
Rats was hoping for typical BSOD. I would actually try reinstalling Windows and see if that fixes the issue. Windows might have corrupted itself when it did the upgrade to 1903 and it is so bad that you don't even get a BSOD.

First I would try what @sdedu77 said as that is the least invasive and is quick to test. If that doesn't work then try resetting the BIOS. This is usually done by powering off and unplugging the computer, opening the case and removing the battery, then shorting across a jumper or try hitting the power button to discharge any capacitors. Replace the battery and power it back on and see if it boots. If it boots great if not you should now be able to get into the BIOS as the settings will have been removed and you can boot from a USB with a copy of Windows.

Your motherboard manual can be seen from this link. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#down-manual

Reactions: sdedu77
Solution
Aug 30, 2019

Your motherboard manual can be seen from this link. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#down-manual
Thanks for your help. It's getting late here. I'll try tomorrow morning and let you know how I go.