[SOLVED] Brand new build, no monitor output

Oct 3, 2019
I have recently completed a brand new build for my son. The following components were used:

Case: NZXT H700i
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700KF Octa Core LGA 1151 3.60 GHz Unlocked CPU Processor
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz Memory
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular Power Supply
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe 1.3 M.2 (2280) 3-Bit V-NAND SSD - MZ-V7S500BW
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti VENTUS XS 6GB OC Video Card

I have connected up everything as best I can understand (not a hardware guy at all, but youtube was great). Powered her up and everything lights up, fans spin. Cooler lights and fans working perfectly. Case LED strips fully functional.

Unfortunately, nothing is displayed on the monitor. I unplugged everything and reconnected. I removed 1 RAM chip (RAM lights up btw). I removed the graphics card and plugged the monitor into the onboard HDMI. The debug LED is just stuck at A0.

Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
According to page 51 of your user manual the A0 code indicates IDE initialization is started. That isn't an error, it means the system has handed control to the storage drive. There are a number of possible causes for this issue. Your CPU isn't supported by the first versions of the BIOS. It looks like it began being supported in BIOS version F6 according to the CPU support list. The checklist in my signature was created to help troubleshoot this type of problem. Perform all the steps in the checklist and it should help you narrow down what is causing the problem.
According to page 51 of your user manual the A0 code indicates IDE initialization is started. That isn't an error, it means the system has handed control to the storage drive. There are a number of possible causes for this issue. Your CPU isn't supported by the first versions of the BIOS. It looks like it began being supported in BIOS version F6 according to the CPU support list. The checklist in my signature was created to help troubleshoot this type of problem. Perform all the steps in the checklist and it should help you narrow down what is causing the problem.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution