[SOLVED] Brand New Build Won't Boot/Post (No beeps, but all fans and RGB powered)

Feb 1, 2019
I'm working on my first build in quite some time. Sadly, she's a bit of a failure to launch at this point. The system won't POST or Boot, no sounds, no nothing. Just RGBs and fans.

Firstly, the parts (all brand new parts)

Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU - Intel i7-9700k
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum
PSU - Corsair HX850i Platinum
RAM - 32gb (4x8gb) Corsair Vengeance Pro
HDD - Samsung 970 EVO NvMe M.2
GPU - MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
Case - Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
Fans - 6 Corsair ML120s and a Commander Pro

I got it all assembled, pressed power, and all the fans power on (case fans, AIO - both the pump and the fans, I think the GPU fans as well, not positive, hard to see with the bracket there), all RGBs power on (all case fans, the Mobo, RAM, pump, GPU, etc.) but... nothing happens. No beeps, no boot, no post. The DRAM status LED in the corner of the Mobo is lit, the one for CPU flashes every few seconds (maybe 10?), and the ones for boot and VGA stay dark. After the CPU status LED blinks maybe 3-5 times, all RGBs and fans stop, then it powers back on and the process repeats. When the system is powered off, the mobo RGBs stay lit.

1. I removed everything except the CPU expecting to hear the beeps for lack of RAM, but all was still silent. Strangely, the status LED for DRAM was still lit, and the one for CPU still cycled. The PSU fan goes initially, then stops. It'll gear up occasionally. I think this is because it has a zero RPM mode though, rather than a defect...

2. I have tested the power supply (paperclip test and the self-test it has), and all appears to be working.

3. I removed the motherboard to make sure nothing would cause it to be shorting, and it appears there is nothing that should impede it. I have not removed and checked the CPU pins, but I did check prior to install and there were none that were bent. The thermal paste was pre-applied to the AIO pump, so I didn't use too much or spill it on the board.

4. I have also reset the CMOS battery.

EDIT/ 5. Just tried breadboarding it with only the motherboard and CPU. Same thing: PSU powers on, DRAM status LED comes on and the CPU LED flashes every 5-ish seconds. No dice. It should be noted that when that when I did it the mounting bracket and AIO are still attached \EDIT

It should be noted that although being clearly advertised as being compatible (including being on the list) the motherboard itself and all documentation that came with it clearly state "Support 8th Gen Intel," whereas the Core i7-9700k is 9th gen. I discussed that with Gigabyte's tech support on the phone and was assured it should be fine, but it bears mentioning.

It would appear that since everything else has been eliminated, that it is either the Motherboard or the CPU (or both) that are not working.

Any thoughts? This is starting to really stress me out, if I'm honest. My case was on backorder initially so to RMA within 30 days, I only have 12 left.

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

Solution
Yes, better to RMA. When getting the new board, I suggest firstly checking the pins, and then testing the board outside the case. It's easier to control and troubleshoot.
Feb 1, 2019
Done. I looked it over as best I could and it doesn't look like any of the pins are bent:
https://i.imgur.com/nnyFdjx.jpg

On the other hand, I realized that I did something really dumb. I thought that the beep to post/no memory came from the motherboard itself, and that a dedicated MB speaker was for additional diagnostics (I'd honestly never heard of a dedicated speaker until this week when I was reading the sticky here on no boot threads). I've ordered some 4-pin speakers that will be here tomorrow so hopefully that will aid in my quest to not have the world's most expensive paperweight.

Feb 1, 2019
Nice spot! Once I locate my hand lens I will verify if they are actually bent. It is REALLY hard to tell with the naked eye (at least my naked eye, anyway).

I also got a MB speaker that I will have tomorrow so any beeps will be audible instead of imaginary.