[SOLVED] Brand new build won't post!

jipptomilly

Prominent
Nov 18, 2020
I have an Aorus B550 Master along with a Ryzen 5800x, and every time I attempt to boot it on it gets the following loop of error codes:

14 -> 15 -> d8 -> d6 -> 02 -> 51 (hangs for a bit)... It also flashes a few other numbers that I think are fine.

The DRAM and VGA LEDs alternate also.

Most of the googling I've done had led me to try each stick of RAM by itself in different slots, reset the BIOS, and reseat the CPU. I've done each a few times. I also took out my video card and just tried with the onboard graphics. I've removed and put back all PSU connections,

I think the problem is the d8 "Flash update has failed." error. The Ryzen 5800x needs the latest BIOS. But why is the flash update failing? Is it supposed to work automatically?

Solution
Bleh - I eventually figured it out. I used the manual Q-Flash option and it worked after I ignored the Aorus guide and just put the entire extracted zip archive on a flash drive. If anyone else runs into this you have to wait like 30 minutes for it to start working.

jipptomilly

Prominent
Nov 18, 2020
Bleh - I eventually figured it out. I used the manual Q-Flash option and it worked after I ignored the Aorus guide and just put the entire extracted zip archive on a flash drive. If anyone else runs into this you have to wait like 30 minutes for it to start working.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution