Question Brand New Built PC Consistently Crashing *PLEASE HELP*

Jul 20, 2019
Recently built my first PC and it is just consistently crashing which is causing me to have to hard reset each time. I have done some stress tests on the CPU and the GPU to see if these are the issue and they seem to be fine when under stress. I have checked to see if it could be the RAM but that also seems to be ok to me. The crashing can vary from within the first 5 minutes of the PC been on to 4 hours of it been on. The crashing can also happen at any time, it's not like it's crashing when trying to load something or under stress, it regularly crashes when it's just sat on the desktop with nothing loaded. Any guidance on what I could do to try and pinpoint the fault or a fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Jun 18, 2019
Recently built my first PC and it is just consistently crashing which is causing me to have to hard reset each time. I have done some stress tests on the CPU and the GPU to see if these are the issue and they seem to be fine when under stress. I have checked to see if it could be the RAM but that also seems to be ok to me. The crashing can vary from within the first 5 minutes of the PC been on to 4 hours of it been on. The crashing can also happen at any time, it's not like it's crashing when trying to load something or under stress, it regularly crashes when it's just sat on the desktop with nothing loaded. Any guidance on what I could do to try and pinpoint the fault or a fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
@Gang Sabre might be right. Another possibility is that your drive which contains your Windows might be the problem

Jul 8, 2019
Once upon a time I had an old Asus gaming rig and hooked up the fans wrong thinking that the Gpu and Cpu needed more direct airflow from 2x120mm mounted on the case door. I had the exact same problem, it kept freezing. Go with the flow.