Brand new computer no OS no signal to monitor

AdamK93

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Hi, I have recently tried to build my first computer, I ordered all the parts and when I set it up the fans all turned on but i had no signal (from my tv or monitor). This led me to think that a piece of hardware might have been broke. So piece by piece I replaced each part. I have now replaced the CPU, motherboard and PSU. And I am still getting the same outcome (no signal to monitor)

The hard drive I am using has no OS (because it is new) and it is leading me to think that this is why I am getting no signal (because I don't have drivers installed for my graphics card).

My spec is:
CPU - AMD FX-6300
Motherboard - MSI 970A-G43 ATX am3+
RAM - g.Skill Ripjaws X series (2 x 4gb)
HDD - Western digital Caviar blue 1TB
Graphics card - MSI Radeon R9 280 3gb TWIN FROZR
PSU - Corsair 500w ATX12V modular
CASE - NZXT Source 210 Elite
cd drive - Samsung 24x SATA dvd writer

Any help at all will be great, like i said this is my first time building a computer and i really hope its not something silly ive done.

Things ive tried:
Re-seating the RAM and booting with 1 at a time
Re-seating the CMOS

Other things i have tried

Pr3di

Honorable
Go through this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

And to add one isse that I also had for a friend`s build - his new cooler came with pre-applied paste, and I had the same problem as you. Removed that paste and added just a small amount, reinstalled the hearsink, and everything was OK.
So in case you`re using a lot of thermal paste, remove it, use a very small amount, and reinstall the cooler.

AdamK93

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
I have been through that guide before and had no joy (should have mentioned that i tried that) also because i replaced the motherboard after i replaced the CPU i had to reapply my own thermal paste and i supplied a sufficient amount rather than the massive amount they supply.

Thank you for replying though :)

AdamK93

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
My computer is now working. (I dont have any graphics on my motherboard to try).

I'm not sure how its now working but i decided to just mess around with the wires a bit and its now working.

Really appreciated the help though :)