Question Brand New Computer Out Of Box Performing Terrible Any Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2021
I just purchased a build from NZXT and racked up their most expensive parts that they had to offer. Here is a list of what I purchased.

• NZXT Kraken Z63 with LCD display
  • Standard Service (US)
  • Microsoft Windows 10_Home
  • NZXT H510 Elite (Black)
  • MSI Z590 ACE
  • Intel Core i9-10900K 10-Core 3.7 GHz
  • Team T-FORCE XTREEM ARGB 4000MHz 4000 MHz (max. Geschwindigkeit) 32GB (2X16GB) More Info
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G5 Gold
  • Seagate FireCuda 520 Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition 1 TB
  • NZXT Aer RGB 2 140mm (RGB)
  • RGB & Fan Controller
  • Interner USB-Hub (Gen 3)
I Loaded everything up and booted the PC, downloaded all necessary drivers and changed some NVIDIA settings. Ran a benchmark on my pc and the results are worrisome to me. I am also getting the same if not just a tiny bit more frames in games than my 1080ti did on my last build which does not seem right. Here are my benchmarking results.

Update* just did another test overnight and now I am getting the attached results when the day prior the GPU was running below the bottom 6th percentile. Not sure what the cause of the jump is...

Regardless, I have seen multiple benchmarks done on specific games using the exact same components that I have, the only difference being the clock of the cpu, and the average FPS was about 30-50% greater than what I am achieving with the same hardware.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas as to why my performance is so poor for a 3080ti?

*** I would like to overclock my CPU and was wondering where I should start so I don't fry anything

Benchmark

skittleguy

Commendable
Jul 28, 2021
Try to change your power plan:

1. Open Start Menu
  2. Search "Edit power plan"
  3. Go back to "Power Options"
  4. Windows 10 set to default "Balance mode" - Set on High Performance
  5. If this not work, install "ParkControl" and activate Bitsum Highest Performance.

Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS