Brand new computer struggling with FPS stutter/drop in CSGO

h0emcs

Reputable
Mar 20, 2016
Hello guys!

I have been searching everywhere, trying alot of tweaks but still hasn't come up with a solution for my low fps in CSGO.

5 days ago I got my brand new setup delivered with much hype to finally be able to play CSGO in a smooth way. Turned out spending tons of money wasn't the solution (?) to get good FPS in this frustrating game.

Speccs:
Corsair VS550 550W KPC Bulk Edition
Intel Core i5-4460, Socket-LGA1150
ASUS B85M-GAMER, Socket-1150
HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 8GB Black
Gainward GeForce GTX 960 2GB
Seagate® Desktop SSHD 1TB
MS COA Win 10 Home Nordic
Benq 144 hz monitor

I ordered the computer from one of the biggest PC-distributors in scandinavia, and the computer came "ready to play" (all drivers installed for me etc.)

With alot of tweaking forth and back in nvidia control panel, using fps config / autoexec, set launch options correctly, I'm still having lags and stuttering when I'm playing. The fps is swinging from 400 to 160 all the time, depending on where I am, how many smoke grenades are on the map etc.

All my settings ingame ar on low, and my friends with near identical computer speccs are never dipping under 300 fps so this is very frustrating. I sold my previous computer and bought this one to prevent this from happening but here I am.

Does anyone have any suggestions to how I can solve this? I've been speaking with NVIDIA live chat to try and figure out why but has not come up with a solution yet.

If there's any other information you need in order to come up with suggestions I'll respond quickly. This is a last shot before Im turning in the computer.

logainofhades

Titan

h0emcs

Reputable
Mar 20, 2016

I will try this when I come home. You have any idea of what driver I should install? And what you mentioned about the power supply, can this be the problem? I listed my speccs to the nvidia live support chat, and they said I should be running this game with a steady 300fps, do you agree?

Thank you for the suggestions/tips. I'll come back to you when I'm home and tried these steps.

logainofhades

Titan
A PSU that is not properly providing voltage can cause performance problems. If you do decide to change it, tier 1 or 2 units, only. Your wattage is fine, it is the quality that I am concerned with. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

I would try the driver that was released in February, just to see. That game is an older title, and you shouldn't be having issues running it.

h0emcs

Reputable
Mar 20, 2016
I have still not found a suggestion for this. Turns out its all my games that are lagging. Speaking to Nvidia live chat support now. They have provided me with alot of tips but have not found the solution yet. I will come back with an update if something turns out to work. The PSU shouldn't really be the issue here, and it looks like if my gpu/cpu are not fully using it's power when I'm playing, it's really hard to say.