Question Brand new CPU is running at 100% (3700x)

Nov 30, 2019
Hello, so i've recently purchased a BRAND NEW pc, its not even 4 days old yet
I use windows 10 pro
All updates and driver updates are up to date
I have not manually over clocked anything, all i've done is enable xmp and game boost in MSI bios
I've not got any viruses (checked with malware bytes, win defender and bullguard)
So now let me explain my problem
Ever since yesterday my cpu has been running at 100% (screen shot) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/589998016002523148/650276369783324674/unknown.png
(i know it says 99% but i assume its just a miss reading because before the latest restart it was 100% and i
didn't change anything)
It doesn't matter what the highest service is, because whenever i close the highest usage service, it automatically choses another service to run at high cpu usage, I close discord, corsair icue runs high, i close icue, chrome runs high, eventually until i've closed everything i possible can and then it says task manager is running high
I'm on a brand new 3700x this should not be a problem
I (and some other people from tech support discords) assume its WMI causing the problem, i've tried everything i possible can, making a new repository folder, restarting WMI, restarted pc, notification setting tip, i've tried everything i can and i'm started to get annoyed because i don't want to run my pc with 100% cpu usage, its not exactly healthy and i don't want to burn out my BRAND NEW chip
If anyone can help i'll be so greatful, thanks

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019
Are you running in balanced power mode in the Windows Power settings? also this could be a chipset driver issue and double check you have the latest chipset drivers installed. Fingers crossed others will jump in shortly.
ALl drivers are installed and its on power mode but i've changed to test all of them it makes no difference