Brand New Custom Built Computer keeps getting BSOD and Graphics Problems

murshed2010

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
OK I just bought a computer from a shop where they had custom built it for me and its a budget computer. I had to install Windows 7 myself and I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and the drivers for the motherboard and Graphics card from the disks that came with them. After this I had a BSOD within 10 - 30 mins of logging in and sometimes even instantly as soon as I log in. When I was logged in I had a graphics problem twice where the screen had random pixels flashing/flickering and most of the time there would be lines in a little part of the screen and they look like it is an image of a window that is actually not there and sometimes these lines would be just random colours but they wouldn't go across the whole screen.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz
ASUS H81M-C Motherboard
Nvidia GT-210 (GT218) 1GB
1TB HDD (I dont know any model numbers or anything for this)
8GB DDR3 RAM (I dont know any model numbers or anything for this)

Can someone please help me ASAP! I bought this computer for me and my brother to do our schoolwork on including work on Photoshop (thats why we chose to get a graphics card) and we need to catch up ASAP

Thank You.

lukall87

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
who sold you this computer? the processor graphics on your i3 are better that the 210. Did you try running troubleshooting or getting the iobit driver updater? you also might not have the right drivers installed for your os. I will try to get someone who can help you more look into it.

murshed2010

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014

I bought it from a shop called "Epsilon Computers" in Tottenham Court Road, London and what do you mean my i3 is better than the 210? Does my GPU have to be better than the CPU? All I want to be able to do is use Photoshop, Sony Vegas 12 and maybe a few Games like COD MW2 or MW3 and Live For Speed.

Get written down the BSOD hex code so we can figure out what's exactly the issue, however for what you say about the image behavior (the screen with random pixels flashing/flickering) sounds like a faulty GPU, since you just bought it I recommend you take it back to the seller for a replacement.

murshed2010

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014

OK I think the BSOD is because of a faulty HDD because my last one (Just a few minutes ago while my computer was trying to install a service pack during startup) said something about a bad sector or something on one of the first lines

lukall87

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
you either might not have enough hard drive space, have a bad bios for windows 8, have a bad/compatible video driver, you might have a faulty driver, or less likely, you have a bad hdd or gpu. it is probably a driver. I would update/reinstall your drivers. You might want to use iobit driver booster 2. it will find outdated drivers on your system.

murshed2010

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014

I installed the drivers from the disk it came with on the first instll of windows, I then reinstalled windows twice because the problem still occurred after both reinstalls and I also uninstalled the original driver and downloaded the driver from the Nvidia website but the error is still here. I'm thinking it could be a bad bios for windows 8, partly because the bios menu allows a mouse to be used and actually has some graphics

murshed2010

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014

I installed the drivers from the disk it came with on the first instll of windows, I then reinstalled windows twice because the problem still occurred after both reinstalls and I also uninstalled the original driver and downloaded the driver from the Nvidia website but the error is still here. I'm thinking it could be a bad bios for windows 8, partly because the bios menu allows a mouse to be used and actually has some graphics

Such random errors usually lead to 3 possibilities: faulty RAM (could be wrong values set in BIOS), unstable PSU (which PSU do you have and how old is it?) or a software issue (incompatible/ corrupted drivers).

Test your RAM to find out with memtest86+, make sure to set RAM values to default in BIOS to ensure it's stability, monitor your PSU's voltages with HWMonitor Pro or with a multimeter if you are up for it (plenty of guides on youtube).