Question Brand new desktop build will not output to display

May 9, 2020
I have just built a new desktop. After about two weeks it just stopped displaying anything through the GPU. The motherboard error detection LED said it was a VGA error, which makes sense. I looked at various forums and found this wasn't uncommon for people with the motherboard I had (Parts list below). I ran every test I could find to run myself (listed below) but nothing worked. Eventually the only actionable advice I could find was to replace the motherboard as it was suggested that the PCIe port may be broken. I Did that, Still the exact same problem except now there is no error light activated. I really can’t think of anything else, any help would be appreciated.

Problem summary:
I cannot get my brand new computer to output any video content. I can’t even access the BIOS. Literally nothing.

Parts list:
Motherboard (OLD): ASUS Stix B450-f gaming
Motherboard (NEW): MIS MPG z570 with WiFi
Ram: G-Skill 3600 8Gb x 2
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 xt
PSU: Corsair 550 RMx Gold Edition

Steps Taken: (In order)

Reseated the RAM
Rearranged the RAMin various configurations. Tried ram in every port, tried using only one stick of RAM in every port. Tried again with the other RAM stick. The motherboard boot light indicates that the RAM was functioning in every configuration.
Moved the GPU to another PCIe port.
Test the GPU on my roommates CPU. It seemed to work.
Tested my roommates card on my computer. It didn’t work.
Boot without GPU. I don’t have integrated graphics so it obviously didn’t help but why not try.
Reset the bios.
Ran a bench test. I tried all of the steps lifted above in “open air”
Called ASUS they wouldn’t take my call because of Covid-19.
Replaced the motherboard.
Tried the first 6 steps again.

Notes:
The GPU seems to be working as I tested it on my Roommates desktop.
I Cannot access the BIOS. I’ve heard a lot of advice about the BIOS which may be true but it’s a nonstarter since I can’t do anything to the BIOS settings.
Both Motherboards run boot checks on the CPU and RAM and the both pass according to the diagnostic lights.

If I missed anything let me know. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited: