Brand new gaming laptop giving low fps on games

Aug 5, 2018
I've just bought a brand new laptop with the specs listed on this page:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-g7-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-128gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-licorice-black/6212435.p?skuId=6212435

I have installed new drivers from the NVidia website, as well as restarting computer multiple times and making sure all power settings were set for maximum performance. I also made sure in the NVidia control panel that the GPU being used was the high end 1060 card, but I am still having issues with lag in games that should be handled fine, such as not even being able to generate 10 fps on the Overwatch main menu or in game.

Whenever I look in task manager, the CPU usage is around 4% but the GPU usage is always 95% to 100%

Aug 5, 2018

My cpu temperatures are 45~60 when idle and 70~90 when attempting to launch a game.
My gpu temperatures are ~60 when idle and ~65 when trying to play a game. (All temperatures are Celsius)

When I boot up a game, the fans become extremely loud to the point that I can hear them about the same volume as my voice when speaking softly.

These were all taken when I was on a flat glass desk.