[SOLVED] Brand new gaming laptop, very low FPS on Everquest 2

Sep 16, 2019
Hi all,

I recently purchased a brand new Lenovo Legion Y740 Gaming Laptop – Core i7 2.2GHz 32GB Ram, 1TB+512GB with an Nvidia 8GB GeForce RTX 2070 8GB running on Windows 10

I recently got back into gaming and logged in to an MMORPG Everquest 2, it's been running at around 11-14 FPS?

As the laptop is brand new, would I still need to download the latest Nvidia drivers for the card? Or am I missing something else here with my laptop settings?
Any help or additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I used to run this game with no issues on an old Nvidia card with 8GB Ram.

Many thanks!
Dean

Solution
There could be a couple of things at play.

Firstly, yes, download an install all the latest drivers. From Nvidia for GPU, from Lenovo for all system drivers etc. Make sure they are all up to date, along with Windows.

Try changing the windows power profile to High performance, and then test again. On the balanced profile, you may have slow downs, as the CPU may not boost to full speed.

Your system should be well capable of driving that game just fine with better FPS.
There could be a couple of things at play.

Firstly, yes, download an install all the latest drivers. From Nvidia for GPU, from Lenovo for all system drivers etc. Make sure they are all up to date, along with Windows.

Try changing the windows power profile to High performance, and then test again. On the balanced profile, you may have slow downs, as the CPU may not boost to full speed.

Your system should be well capable of driving that game just fine with better FPS.

Solution