Question Brand new gaming PC, games freeze/crash to desktop after a few seconds. Please help!

Feb 7, 2020
Bought this pre-built gaming PC a few days ago from a reputable store, literally everything works fine except for when trying to run games albeit somewhat different results with different games. First thing I tried was Far Cry 3, freezes during opening cutscene(and it does the same thing every time, around the same time bar a few seconds before or after), audio goes on for awhile then minimizes and tabbing back in shows a frozen menu screen, says not responding in task manager. Then tried WoW Classic, for that it's a freeze then crashes to desktop, with the error "Unable to start 3d acceleration". Hitman, opening cutscene goes on for a few seconds then freezes and crashes to desktop, no crash message. Attila Total War, screen turns black and audio keeps working. It happens a few seconds in for all of them, except WoW which can last a few minutes.

I have a 1 year hardware warranty and can theoretically refund it, although I'd rather not if possible, so any help would really be appreciated.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home x64 v1909 OS Build 18363.628
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: 16 GB
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
HD: Lexar SSD 240GB and a 1TB HD
Case/PSU: Deepcool Earlkase with DA600 PSU

Tried already:

Reinstalling GPU drivers(with DDU in safe mode)
Updating every single driver with DriverEasy
sfc /scannow
GPU temp in mid 40s(celcius), 55 when in Hitman menu
CPU temp is 35c, 42c in Hitman menu

-----------------------

Event viewer examples during crash:

1)
Faulting application name: hitman.exe, version: 1.15.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d8c9412
Faulting module name: hitman.exe, version: 1.15.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d8c9412
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000000e24765
Faulting process id: 0x133c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5de05875ba0e1
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hitman™\retail\hitman.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hitman™\retail\hitman.exe
Report Id: a374eb69-cbfe-41c8-8473-a6d60cdd503f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

2)
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

3)
Application Attila.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

4)
The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Graphics SM Warp Exception on (GPC 2, TPC 0, SM 0): TEX FORMAT Errors

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

--------------

I should also mention no BSODs or computer crashes, only crashes to desktop for games.

I'm guessing this won't be a simple issue to fix, I haven't seen many solutions in other similar threads, but again, any help is extremely appreciated.

Feb 7, 2020
stick with 1 thread
Bought this pre-built gaming PC a few days ago from a reputable store, literally everything works fine except for when trying to run games albeit somewhat different results with different games. First thing I tried was Far Cry 3, freezes during opening cutscene(and it does the same thing every time, around the same time bar a few seconds before or after), audio goes on for awhile then minimizes and tabbing back in shows a frozen menu screen, says not responding in task manager. Then tried WoW Classic, for that it's a freeze then crashes to desktop, with the error "Unable to start 3d acceleration". Hitman, opening cutscene goes on for a few seconds then freezes and crashes to desktop, no crash message. Attila Total War, screen turns black and audio keeps working. It happens a few seconds in for all of them, except WoW which can last a few minutes.

I have a 1 year hardware warranty and can theoretically refund it, although I'd rather not if possible, so any help would really be appreciated.

Specs:
Windows 10 Home x64 v1909 OS Build 18363.628
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: 16 GB
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
HD: Lexar SSD 240GB and a 1TB HD
Case/PSU: Deepcool Earlkase with DA600 PSU
Tried already:
Reinstalling GPU drivers(with DDU in safe mode)
Updating every single driver with DriverEasy
sfc /scannow
GPU temp in mid 40s(celcius), 55 when in Hitman menu
CPU temp is 35c, 42c in Hitman menu
Checked if GPU was factory overclocked, it isn't
Event viewer examples during crash:
Faulting application name: hitman.exe, version: 1.15.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d8c9412
Faulting module name: hitman.exe, version: 1.15.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d8c9412
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000000e24765
Faulting process id: 0x133c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5de05875ba0e1
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hitman™\retail\hitman.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hitman™\retail\hitman.exe
Report Id: a374eb69-cbfe-41c8-8473-a6d60cdd503f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
2)
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
3)
Application Attila.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.
4)
The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
\Device\Video3
Graphics SM Warp Exception on (GPC 2, TPC 0, SM 0): TEX FORMAT Errors
The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

I'm guessing this won't be a simple issue to fix, I haven't seen many solutions in other similar threads, but again, any help is extremely appreciated.

Feb 7, 2020
I don't have another PSU to test with unfortunately, would probably have to take it to the store where I bought it for that and at that rate I might as well exchange the PC.

According to the motherboard website the latest BIOS is F50 and I have F40 but they're only a few months apart. I'm willing to try but not sure how to and heard it was risky, could that really be the issue? I tried to upgrade BIOS via the Gigabyte motherboard app center but got a Syntax error when I picked any server DL link, do I have to go into BIOS itself(no experience with it or updating it)? Would you rule out other issues, maybe the GPU itself?

Sorry for the double thread by the way, the first one didn't show up right away so I assumed it was removed because it was posted in the wrong section, didn't know they had to be approved before being visible.