[SOLVED] Brand new gaming PC keeps crashing ?

Jun 28, 2021
Hi, about a month ago i got my new game pc. I was extremely happy with the performance, it was just what i wanted. But after today I'm really worried something might be broken.

SPEC LIST:
  • Asus GeForce RTX 2060 Super 6GB
  • Intel i7-10700 - 2,9GHz 8 Core
  • Corsair Carbide series 275R black
  • 512 GB M.2 SSD
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
  • Corsair 550 W Power supply
  • Coolermaster Hyper 212
I played games like Warzone, Rust and occasionally Fortnite all on ultra settings, no problem.

But then, while playing some duos in Fortnite with a mate, my game suddenly crashed with weird white squares appearing all over my screen (Imgur pictures). It showed a crash report saying the crash might have happened because of DirectX12 which is still in beta, but I'm not even using DirectX12, I use DirectX11. Shortly after the message my PC went to a blue screen saying there has been a problem (Imgur pictures). The weird glitchy squares turned into white lines. My PC restarted itself but even after the restart the glitchy lines where there. I tried booting up Fortnite again to check if DirextX12 had suddenly turned itself on but while doing this my PC crashed ONCE AGAIN. This time the glitching lines even appeared over the logo of the motherboard.

hUsV8Wn.jpeg
mhX1txD.jpeg
uhSLAYs.jpeg

I haden't touched my PC for a couple days before all of this, so when I wanted to play some games today I first updated to the latest Nvidia graphics driver. This made me believe this problem has something to do with the graphical driver, although I could be wrong.

I started looking into sollutions or what could be causing this so here's a list of things I tried, but didn't help.

LIST OF TRIED SOLUTIONS (failed)
  • Restarting the PC
  • Updating Windows
  • Updating Drivers (471.11)
  • Going back to an older graphical driver (466.77)
  • Validating game folders
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Easy-anticheat (my friend was getting crash reports from easy-anticheat so I figured maybe I was having the same problem)
Between the start of this problem and me writing this thread the PC has crashed about 10 times, and the games about 15 times. I tried other games like Rust and League of Legends but the same things happened. The PC even started crashing or getting random 2-3 second long black screens with the same white glitchy squares while writing this post.

I also noticed that a lot of times, when a game would crash, it would bring me to Discord saying 'New audio device detected. Discord has detected a new audio output device named NVIDIA High Definition Audio! Do you want to switch to it? I really feel like NVIDIA software is causing all of this trouble, but I don't know how to fix it.

Is there anything else I can try to solve this? Or is my graphics card faulty... I waited 3 months to get this one and can't believe it would be broken.

Thanks in advance!

- Niels

LINKS

Imgur pictures
Imgur extra info
Dump files

Hi, about a month ago i got my new game pc. I was extremely happy with the performance, it was just what i wanted. But after today I'm really worried something might be broken.

SPEC LIST:
  • Asus GeForce RTX 2060 Super 6GB
  • Intel i7-10700 - 2,9GHz 8 Core
  • Corsair Carbide series 275R black
  • 512 GB M.2 SSD
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
  • Corsair 550 W Power supply
  • Coolermaster Hyper 212
I played games like Warzone, Rust and occasionally Fortnite all on ultra settings, no problem.

But then, while playing some duos in Fortnite with a mate, my game suddenly crashed with weird white squares appearing all over my screen (Imgur pictures). It showed a crash report saying the crash might have happened because of DirectX12 which is still in beta, but I'm not even using DirectX12, I use DirectX11. Shortly after the message my PC went to a blue screen saying there has been a problem (Imgur pictures). The weird glitchy squares turned into white lines. My PC restarted itself but even after the restart the glitchy lines where there. I tried booting up Fortnite again to check if DirextX12 had suddenly turned itself on but while doing this my PC crashed ONCE AGAIN. This time the glitching lines even appeared over the logo of the motherboard.

hUsV8Wn.jpeg
mhX1txD.jpeg
uhSLAYs.jpeg

I haden't touched my PC for a couple days before all of this, so when I wanted to play some games today I first updated to the latest Nvidia graphics driver. This made me believe this problem has something to do with the graphical driver, although I could be wrong.

I started looking into sollutions or what could be causing this so here's a list of things I tried, but didn't help.

LIST OF TRIED SOLUTIONS (failed)
  • Restarting the PC
  • Updating Windows
  • Updating Drivers (471.11)
  • Going back to an older graphical driver (466.77)
  • Validating game folders
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Easy-anticheat (my friend was getting crash reports from easy-anticheat so I figured maybe I was having the same problem)
Between the start of this problem and me writing this thread the PC has crashed about 10 times, and the games about 15 times. I tried other games like Rust and League of Legends but the same things happened. The PC even started crashing or getting random 2-3 second long black screens with the same white glitchy squares while writing this post.

I also noticed that a lot of times, when a game would crash, it would bring me to Discord saying 'New audio device detected. Discord has detected a new audio output device named NVIDIA High Definition Audio! Do you want to switch to it? I really feel like NVIDIA software is causing all of this trouble, but I don't know how to fix it.

Is there anything else I can try to solve this? Or is my graphics card faulty... I waited 3 months to get this one and can't believe it would be broken.

Thanks in advance!

- Niels

LINKS

Imgur pictures
Imgur extra info
Dump files
It does look like a faulty graphics card. If you are getting artifacts/visual corruption before Windows loads that rules out a driver problem.

Reactions: NielsxV