Brand new gaming PC with bad performance!

Solution
Seems totally fine with temps as it is summer ( im guessing its hot in your country).
Download msi afterburner, install it with riva tuner and setup like this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUS3zx0DlHg#dialog

You can screenshot while in game, dont overclock.
Did you try to change settings in fortnite? Im having dips on max settings with i3 but your should handle that.
Also download cpu-z and post screenshot of memory tab as I saw that it might not run in dual channel.

MWP0004

Respectable
Oct 26, 2016
Can you expand on what you mean by 'Bad performance'?

Do you mean frame drops, stutter, low FPS, etc.?

Are you tracking CPU/GPU utilization or temperature while you're experiencing these issues?

Jul 12, 2018
@Robert Ban I can do that!

@MWP0004 It's just bad, not smooth, bad frame rates, no stutters or frame drops just overall "unsmooth, bad framrates" gaming experience! Not tracking anything since I'm not very good on the technical side of PC gaming.

MWP0004

Respectable
Oct 26, 2016

Are we safe in assuming that you're playing at 1080p, Ultra settings?

I benchmarked my gpu at 1973 core and 4504 ram and came on top of it.
Try to benchmark again but without any overclock, i know that I had crash on one instance of benchmark of airplane and resulted 20% precentile.
Soo in short, benchmark without overlock on gpu, on msi afterburner there is revert/reset button.

Hmm.... Download hwmonitor and report back with screenshot ( to rule out other temps).

Where did you buy the gpu?

Also to add google your motherboard, install latest drivers except the IGPU, which you dont need, also care for revision of motherboard if it showd up on page if it might have like rev 1.0, 1.1, etc.
Its located in bottom left corner.

MWP0004

Respectable
Oct 26, 2016

So what you can see there is that the GPU is pegged out at 99% utilization, while your CPU is at ~67%.

Basically you've reached the extent of your GPUs capabilities. Trying either lowering the resolution or settings, and see how that affects CPU and GPU utilization.

Seems totally fine with temps as it is summer ( im guessing its hot in your country).
Download msi afterburner, install it with riva tuner and setup like this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUS3zx0DlHg#dialog

You can screenshot while in game, dont overclock.
Did you try to change settings in fortnite? Im having dips on max settings with i3 but your should handle that.
Also download cpu-z and post screenshot of memory tab as I saw that it might not run in dual channel.

Solution

MWP0004

Respectable
Oct 26, 2016

Unfortunately, I agree with Robert Ban. The 1050 Ti is low-mid range, and at ultrra 1080p, it will likely struggle to maintain a constant FPS on more GPU demanding games.