Question Brand new Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED laptop has no sound from speakers

GuitarJozz

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
My brother just bought a new Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED laptop, was delivered yesterday. He booted it up, set it all up, did Windows updates, etc. However the sound isn't working at all. Brand new friggin' laptop, and he spent hours last night diagnosing this problem trying different things(rebooting many many times, updating audio drivers, disabling audio enhancements, updating bios, etc} to get the sound to work.

But still no sound. This is ridiculous. Shouldn't have to troubleshoot a problem for hours on a brand new laptop. He was extremely disappointed to say the least.

So just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, on a Gigabyte laptop or other brand, and has come across a solution of any kind? Thank you, and much appreciation to anyone who can help!

GuitarJozz

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
Well he did try everything he could think of as far as changing the audio settings, drivers, updating everything, etc. It showed there should be sound coming out on the volume mixer, but it just want working.

So after he spent all night trying to figure it out, even booting it up with Linux Mint from a flash drive even, and still no sound, he gave up and contacted Newegg where he bought it. He has to send it back then they will send a replacement. Just sucks big time, as he was looking forward to getting it and having fun with trying out some new games and 4k videos and stuff, not having to spend all night diagnosing this problem. He did try the headphone jack, and had audio from there, just nothing but silence from the speakers.

Now I'm praying that the replacement is fault free hopefully, and everything works with it! Probably will be in a couple weeks until he gets it though... But thank you though anyway!

Nov 11, 2021
Mine has had MANY problems. 3grand for a laptop I pretty much hate after weeks of debugging problems that should exist. It's been sent back for repair becasue of stability and performance issues only to have them configure the drivers properly and send it back to me.

But still the audio jack doesn't work unless I reboot my computer. Windows detects its plugged in and asks what type of device it is headphone or headset, but then continues using speakers. If I plugi n and then reboot the machine then the headset works.

Even simple things like a headphone jack are a problem with this machine. I'll never buy a gigabyte ever again. Hate this laptop so bitter that I am stuck with it now. I could sell it off and get something else but I cant bring myself to try con some other poor sap into spending so much money on a piece of garbage.

TRENDING THREADS