[SOLVED] Brand new GTX 1660 TI showing black screen with "B2" at the bottom right corner

achan070

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Just got a brand new gigabyte gtx 1660 ti. I installed it properly. When booting up, the monitor shows a black screen with the words "B2" at the bottom right corner, then a minute later the monitor signal cuts off. I use hdmi to hdmi connection (new cable), same setup as with old video card. After swapping out to my old video card (gtx titan), there was no problem and everything worked as it should.

Specs:
MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard
i5 2500k CPU
Corsair TX750W 750W PSU
8GB Ram

Anyone have any idea what the problem is? My old video card is dying hence me trying to upgrade.

Solution
Do you have the latest system BIOS installed on this PC ? Update BIOS, if need be.

The B2 error warning usually means either Legacy ROM has an error or it's a Graphic card problem. Try to remove the GPU, and reseat it back on the primary PCI-E slot.. Are you booting in LEGACY or UEFI mode ?

Try both the modes.
Do you have the latest system BIOS installed on this PC ? Update BIOS, if need be.

The B2 error warning usually means either Legacy ROM has an error or it's a Graphic card problem. Try to remove the GPU, and reseat it back on the primary PCI-E slot.. Are you booting in LEGACY or UEFI mode ?

Try both the modes.

Solution