Question Brand new hard disk can't initialize on my PC but can on my sister's PC ?

Aug 13, 2021
Hi good day to anyone reading this, My problem is that I bought yesterday a 1 tb seagate barracuda external hard drive the drive is detected in the bios but giving me "The Request Failed due to a fatal device hardware error" when I try to initialize the disk in Disk Management.
Things I've tried so far:
  • So I tried plugging the hdd to my sister's computer and its working perfectly. I can initialize it and I was able to copy things in it. I also tested the drive in my sister's pc with "CrystalDiskInfo" and does detect my HDD and display's the status is "Good". Also used the Seagate Barracuda "Seatools" form there I tested S.M.A.R.T Check , Short Drive Self Test, Short Generic Test and it passed all of the test 100%. Then I shutted dow my sister's pc, disconnected my drive putted it back in my PC turned it on. The drive appears in File explorer but I couldn't opened and was giving me this error. then I tried fomatting the drive from disk management and I saw the drive it was already at "Basic MBR" but its on raw so I googled how to format a raw drive and found this but I always met the error "The Request Failed due to a fatal device hardware error".
  • Also tried connecting a different hard drive in my PC but it couldn't detect it in the bios also tried different sata ports but the bios still couldn't see it, but then when I tried it in my Sister's PC it detected my other drive.
  • Tried using AOMEI Partition Assistant but I'm getting same error when I'm trying to initialize the disk from there and creating a partition.
My PC spec:
CPU: AMD A8-7650K
MOBO: MSI a68hm-e33 v2
SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Ralston18

Titan
Going back a step:

Did you install the 1 TB Seagate drive in some sort of enclosure?

How does the enclosure (if there is one) connect to your PC?

Does that enclosure have its own power supply?

Do you see the drive at all in the Disk Management Window? Device Manager?

Aug 13, 2021
Going back a step:

How does the enclosure (if there is one) connect to your PC?

Does that enclosure have its own power supply?

no
This is a bit tad complicated as I've tried and mix a lot of methods I saw in the internet but the first time I plugged the hard drive in my computer the disk was appearing and disappearing in "Device Manager" same in disk management but sometimes I was able to select it so I tried initializing the drive but I either receive the drive was not found or "The Request Failed due to a fatal device hardware error". So I tried to take a look at the properties of the drive thinking there might be something I can do in there so I unticked this option in the property of the drive without knowing anything about it but then it stopped reappearing and disappearing even in Disk Management from there on it stopped doing that even when I ticked that option in the drive I was also confused about it. Next thing I did was the part where I used crystal disk info and cmd diskpart to try format the drive but I always have the error "The Request Failed due to a fatal device hardware error" at cmd lines "clean" or "create partition primary"

Ralston18

Titan
"Appearing and disappearing" suggests to me that there is a problem with some physical connection.

With the drive working on your sister's computer and all other things being equal then the problem is with your computer.

Do you have another external HDD that you can test on your computer? A drive where loss of data will not matter.

Aug 13, 2021
"Appearing and disappearing" suggests to me that there is a problem with some physical connection.

With the drive working on your sister's computer and all other things being equal then the problem is with your computer.

Do you have another external HDD that you can test on your computer? A drive where loss of data will not matter.
Thank you for the big help I made it work finaaaally !!!!! so what I did I tried plugging my HDD to sata 1 which was where my ssd was plugged in then I also swapped the power source of hdd with my ssd then finally it initialized in disk management and was able to create a new volume but sadly when I checked crystal disk info the health status of the hdd was "caution", is that normal for a brand new drive?? But I kinda think it was my fault since I tried to wipe the disk with aomei and from seatools which didn't finished because I cancelled the operation multiple times.