[SOLVED] Brand new HDD making extreme noises.

Jul 12, 2019
I recently bought the Western Digital Gold 8TB from Newegg and although the reviews did say it was noisy mine started my making some clicking noise right away which my friend told me is normal but it suddenly started doing this very loud grinding noise at seemingly random times and a high pitch buzzing that stopped every 1.5 second and restarted. finally i decided to unplug it when i realized that it also made a buzzing noise every time i would scroll my mouse wheel. the drive doesn't have any system files on, only some steam games and i tried with the drive unplugged to make sure it was the source of the noise and sure enough it is. Could the hard drive be defective? I would greatly appreciate any help on the matter because if i got a defective product i would like to return it as soon as possible. Thanks in advance

Solution
D
clicking noises are never normal. Grinding is very bad. defective drive, RMA it and get a new one
D

Deleted member 14196

clicking noises are never normal. Grinding is very bad. defective drive, RMA it and get a new one

Solution