Mar 10, 2018
Hello, I recently bought a new high-end PC:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Asus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced
  • Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
  • Corsair CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
It works good and can easily run heavy programs. It barely has anything installed on it, the drivers are up to date (unless I missed something...) and there are no viruses/malware, yet every few hours (and doesn't matter whether a heavy program is running or absolutely nothing is running currently) the computer would freeze for 2-3 seconds then return to normal as if nothing happened. I would appreciate any and all help.

What might be happening on a timing basis?
Look for apps that try to keep themselves updated to currency.
Look for antivirus scans kicking off.
Look for windows checking for updates.
Is email kicking off?
Look at task manager apps that might have been running when the pause occurs.
Have you disabled all of the instrumentation that is activated by default in windows?

audioh

Commendable
Mar 10, 2018
What might be happening on a timing basis?
Look for apps that try to keep themselves updated to currency.
Look for antivirus scans kicking off.
Look for windows checking for updates.
Is email kicking off?
Look at task manager apps that might have been running when the pause occurs.
Have you disabled all of the instrumentation that is activated by default in windows?
Indeed I've checked everything. No particular program. And what do you mean by disabling instrumentation?

audioh

Commendable
Mar 10, 2018
Open Event Viewer by typing into the search bar "View event logs" then proceed to "Windows Logs" and then "System". It shows errors that occur in Windows at any time. :) Let me know what you find...
There are a few warnings and one error here and there, but they haven't occurred anywhere near the timing of a freeze.

Apr 4, 2020
Thank you anyways :)
Hey! I am middle of trubleshooting some my own issues with the PC and there is a good program that could push you in the right direction. Download LatencyMon and let it run. When the freezing occurs again check the LatencyMon. It shows you that there might be some issues with drivers and other stuff. I hope that helps :)

Apr 10, 2020
I was having freezing issues on my PC for weeks, every few minutes it would lock up for anything up to 2 minutes, then rreturn to normal. Running programs would simply freeze, and then continue from that point when the PC started again. At first I blamed Windows 10 and it's NOTORIOUS updates, but the same PC was freezing in a similar way on a Windows 7 and a linux hdd I tried. I put in 2 brand new hdd's, clean install of Win10 Pro, same thing was happening, tried a new video card, same result. Fitted a new Power Supply and the issue has gone and not returned. My system requires around 433w when I use an online calculator based on what's closest to my hardware, I had a 600w P/S in the PC, now it's an 850w P/S. It seems the 650w supply was only delivering enough to run the system, any more than basic loads and it couldn't supply enough power. I suggest trying a different power supply, just because it's NEW doesn't mean it's perfect. Or indeed ACCURATELY labeled.....