Brand new high end pc keeps crashing why?

Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Update 2: a clip holding down the CPU cooler was loose works great now.

I have a tomahawk b450 motherboard, 16 ddr4 ram 3000 mhz, ryzen 2700x, rtx 2080 windforce, 700 watt ozc gold rated 80+++ power supply so I've tried 2 different games in 4k and my pc will keep freezing after a few mins. My pc isnt struggling to play games maxed out in 4k either it's getting acceptable fps. I dont feel hot air blowing out of the back not sure what the issue is. I'm using my old hdd so maybe the hdd is too slow or the msi software is messing everything up. I also have a genuine copy of windows 10 not pirated and I have not overclocked anything all stock settings. Super confused right now and upset my expensive 4k machine is freezing so much.

Update: I just ran super position benchmark in 8k gpu did not go over 67c

Played the same game thief simulator in 4k steady 60 fps gpu was steady at 65c once went up to 66c and 2700x ran hotter after 20 mins it got to 71c and as soon as hit 71c my system froze again. Also tested out kingdom come deliverance in 4k but system freezes after like 2 minutes. I'm assuming the cpu is getting too hot which really sucks I thought this thing could handle 4k out of the box with the prism rgb cooler.

Just checked hdd with crystal disk and ram with memtest64 no errors what else could it possibly be.