Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
What sup guys,
I`ve just built a new pc the configs are:
i7 920 D0
Biostar T-power x58A
1tb 7200.12 seagate
xfx gts 250 512mb
1333mhz kingston (its not a triple channel kit and its 1.5v )
Seventeen V-Power 750W.
windows 7 64

Well the problem is that after 15 -20 min of gameplay, my pc just stop working, it dont restart, but the monitor shut down, the mouse and keyboard stop working, and the fan suddenly start to spin faster.If I restart the computer it just makes some beeps and show nothing on the monitor, so I gotta turn if off and on again.I`ve took it to the store where i bought it.I bought everything in the same store except for the gts250.The gts I took it to the store I`ve bought and they tested: nothing is wrong.The guy in the store that I bought the major parts, said that he tested it and there was no problem at all.
I tested myself some components in a friends pc that is EXACTLY like mine but the memory( he uses an OCZ goldedition 1333mhz).I tested the VGA and the memmory, there still no problems in his computer.Then, I tested his GTS 250 on my pc and the problem was there again.
I dont know what more can it be, I`m desperated.

vslo

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
The temps are completely normal !
yes his power supply is a sevenTEAM (sorry).The same as mine, 750W V-force.
the only thing strange in the CPU-Z is the latency times. I left it on auto on the bios an at cpu-z its showing 7-7-7-19. Thats obviously not the right isnt it? Still, would this cause my problem?

vslo

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
no, running prime 95(on the 4 cores) my temps go to about 88c, but I live in rio de janeiro its VERY hot here. But still after running prime for 1 hour the cpu still dont shut down, i think the temps are normal cuz I use stock cooler and the termal paste that came with the cpu.
my case is a cm690.
I dont think that the CPU heat is causing it.on idle its about 39-40c but again the ambient temperature where I live is normally over 30c

Fair enough, but you need to avoid those high temps. Don't run Prime95 any more please :)

And consider a good aftermarket cooler, that will pull those load temps down at least 10C.

It's beginning to sound as if your PSU is overheating when under load, as this only happens in games. Once the PSU is too warm it could be producing out of spec power, causing the system to lock. This would explain the inability to restart... your PSU does not get enough time to cool off unless you turn the machine off then restart.

Try pointing a fan at the PSU intake and see if this resolves the issue. Or slows it down. If so I can probably recommend some PSUs that are rated for higher temps.

vslo

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
So, if my friend has the same PSU, and partyculary isnt it a good PSU ? but his system work pretty well, the problem might be in my PSU? Should I get a new one?
Thank you for you help.

Well, MIGHT be. Seventeam is not a BAD company, really. Any PSU can be defective.

There are very few power supplies that will operate for a long period above 45C. A PSU is a very complex device, and the performance of one unit compared to another will often be different. Seventeam has various power supplies, and some of them are considered good.

If you wanted to replace it, I would recommend
Corsair 550VX
Antec EA650
Antec TP-750
Corsair 650TX

However you should try to test it first. Perhaps your problem is somewhere else.

Like all good theories, mine has yet to be proven :)

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006

PC Power and Cooling specs their parts to run at 60degrees.

TRENDING THREADS