Question Brand new i9 9900k won't boot

Nov 9, 2019
Welp here goes nothing.

Build a new pc. First pc build. All went well until i booted. d0 error and boot loop follows. Tried every possible fix i found online but no good. Put in my 8600k and voila boots up and all swell. Gigabyte site says need f7 bios to run 9900k had f8 installed. Changed to f7&f9 bit d0 error code keeps coming. Seeing as my 8600k works flawless the mobo can't be the problem. So could my fresh out the box cpu be faulty? Any other ideas please shate your thoughts.
System specs:

-Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
-I9 9900K
-2x8gb Dominator DDR4 3000mhz
-Gigabyte RTX 2080 TI Gaming OC
-Corsair RM850 80+ Gold
-1 Samsung Evo 960 500gb m.2
-2 SSD
-1 HDD
-Noctua NH-D15 Black Chroma

Nov 9, 2019
This would appear to be a defective CPU. From where did you purchase it? I suggest contacting them for an exchange/return ASAP. Good luck.
I already contacted my vendor and did tey some things they recommended but yeah nezt time i hear from them ill ask for a new one. Sucks hard tho that i can't use my gpu's full potential right now but atleast i habe a working pc for now.

Any chance someone sold you a fake /old relabeled CPU? (Classic scammer, takes old 6500, with new heat spreader and logo, etc...?) Examine your heat spreader, and placement of notches, underside of CPU VERY carefully, comparing it to known good samples....

These scams happen...and a 9900K listing even $10-$20 less than anyone else will get lots of hits/purchases, feasibly allowing 100-200 people to be ripped off in very short order...

Nov 9, 2019
Any chance someone sold you a fake /old relabeled CPU? (Classic scammer, takes old 6500, with new heat spreader and logo, etc...?) Examine your heat spreader, and placement of notches, underside of CPU VERY carefully, comparing it to known good samples....

These scams happen...and a 9900K listing even $10-$20 less than anyone else will get lots of hits/purchases, feasibly allowing 100-200 people to be ripped off in very short order...
I bought most of my part at Alternate and recovered ram and storage from old pc. They are a well known store around here but as you said it could happen. Ill just wait till i hear from them and hope ill get a new cpu seeing as i got 2 year warranty.