Brand new laptop lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellariel

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
2 months ago, I bought the Toshiba P840T-1010X notebook. And unexpectedly, it is extraordinary lagging. I hadn't even started to use any program and it has already started to lag. Normal internet browsing, exploring the control panel had causes my notebook to lag and occasionally freezes. I'm a girl and I totally have no idea why this is happening and it's making me insane. I really need help and please do ask for any information you would want. Please! :'(

Install all drivers from the manufacture of the laptop . Check for running background processes - Task Manager , CPU load . Enable Balanced Windows power plan from the battery icon . Defrag the hdd . Run a virus scan and other malware . Check for overheating - Real Temp .

Bolin

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
If you don't really know what happened you can always: get minitool partitioner, wipe everything, reformat to ntfs, insert windows dvd, follow instructions, install drivers bundled by the manufacturer

ItsAdamTheHDGamer

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

Seems like an unknown laptop. Where'd you buy it from? I'd recommend you get a refund stating "faulty parts" and buy an ASUS X550C i7.

Status
Not open for further replies.