Question Brand New Lenovo Ideapad 330 - Windows 10 Unusable Poor Performance

Jun 22, 2019
Bought this laptop brand new yesterday. My office IT team installed a licensed copy of Windows 10 professional. There is no bloatware whatsoever.

With no programs in taskbar and only google chrome running, right from the first tab that is opened the is pausing stuttering etc. Even as I type this on the laptop after every few words there is a 0.5 sec stutter or pause in the typing. Completely horrible experience.

The laptop is a 1TB HDD and 4GB of 2400 ddr4 ram with a core i3 7th gen chipset. ITs a pretty popular model so im not sure whats wrong.

Also, I tried upgrading the RAM with an additional Crucial 2400 DDR4 8gb ram stick. The stick is installed in the slot correctly but the system wont recognize it. Im fairly certain RAM is the issue - my last two 4gb ram windows 10 laptops had similar poor performance as well until I upgraded the RAM.

Why are laptops being shipped like this? How can I fix my ram upgrade? thanks

D

Deleted member 14196

Get rid of the hard drive and put in an SSD and upgrade to at least 8 GB of RAM

Use Crucial website to find the exact ram that is compatible

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Even with 4GB of memory, this behavior is not characteristic.

Though I would upgrade the memory were I to keep a model with 4GB, if this thing is brand new and returnable then return it. What you're seeing is not characteristic and I can say that with certainty as I have an ancient machine with a Pentium Dual Core and 4 GB that has never done this under Windows 10.