[SOLVED] Brand new Lenovo Thinkpad w/ iGPU, lags both on Intel WiDi and HDMI screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Hello,

I have got a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad E14 from my company. I can't install or update anything since it requires an admin password and the confirmation from IT department.

My laptop has:

10th gen İ7-10510u with Intel UHD graphics iGPU that can also support 4k 60hz via HDMI
DDR4 16 GB single slot RAM

My issue is, whenever I plug my laptop to a 1080@60p screen, reading text while scrolling is really hard because the text is flickering. Videos or GIF are the same when scrolling as well. It really distracts me when working. It is similiar to motion blur, no anti aliasing or screen tearing effect when gaming

Another issue is when I wirelessly connect my laptop to a screen via Intel WiDi, the lag is horrible and it freezes when I try to play a video. Can't even accurately point mouse it is so annoying.

I don't know the difference of manufacturer and OEM drivers differences. But I can tell you that the preinstalled Lenovo app has everything fully updated. And I can easily update anything thorough the app without asking for an admin password.

However, when I check anything from Intel website, it says my graphic drivers are outdated. It also says that it is not recommended to update though, since it's different then manufacturer/OEM one.

I also have Intel Driver & Support Assistant installed on my PC and it notifies that I can update Winows 10 DCH drivers but again, it is not recommended warning.

Would updating my graphics drivers solve my latency and flickering issues ? If so, I will ask to the IT department and try my chances if they can approve.

Thanks.

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
I had started my thread on a different forum so it was moved here. I feel like I should bump it because I am still waiting before I ask for an update. Guys in the IT department are annoying

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
I have found the solution to my problem by my own. I realised that my resolution was set to 1980x1080i 24i hz. So I have changed it to 1920x1080p 60p hz. Evertyhing is fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.