[SOLVED] Brand new m.2 ssd takes 30 seconds to boot

pc_gamer2018

Prominent
May 12, 2018
I bought a brand new trancsend 110s 128gb ssd and after messing up my drivers and stuff i downloaded brand new windows on it using usb and it takes me about 30 seconds to boot into windows i bought this only for os for now since i have another sata ssd and a hdd

Solution
Did you have those other drives connected when you installed windows?
Yes - you aren't booting off the ssd then. Unplug all the drives except the SSD and reinstall windows again.

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Don't know about that... My BIOS Screen appears for 15 seconds... With the SATA devices disconnected, the OS takes 15 seconds to load. With my six SATA devices connected, the OS takes 45-50 seconds to load...

pc_gamer2018

Prominent
May 12, 2018
Did you have those other drives connected when you installed windows?
Yes - you aren't booting off the ssd then. Unplug all the drives except the SSD and reinstall windows again.
Yes i am booting off the ssd i only have windows installed on it other drives dont have windows only plain files and apps (my boot time is 20 seconds now btw but am trying to reduce it more)

USAFRet

Titan
Yes i am booting off the ssd i only have windows installed on it other drives dont have windows only plain files and apps (my boot time is 20 seconds now btw but am trying to reduce it more)
Did you test this with ALL other drives disconnected?

20 seconds from an actual cold boot is absolutely normal. The BIOS takes up a lot of that, and what drive you have makes zero difference.