[SOLVED] Brand new monitor, is it a dead pixel or something else?

thedevilofdark

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
Last edited:
Solution
Try rubbing the spot with your finger and some oil.
It may fix it.
Looks like you have a bad pixel.
Normally, a bad pixel is not sufficient for a rma unless it is in the middle of the screen and is obtrusive. If the monitor was advertised as "perfect pixel" return it.
Yes, this is in the middle, but since it is not noticeable normally, you can live with it.
Me, personally, it would bother me to no end.

thedevilofdark

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
Could be a small group of stuck pixels if you can't wipe it off.
I can't wipe it off, but I thought that it is a dust-like thing between panel and leds because looking at the 2nd photo I uploaded shows no pixel related thing as far as I know. I also noticed that if I change colors on that area rapidly, I can see that all the pixels are changing colors (i.e 5x5 area like UDPixel repair thing) . However, I can not able to check sub-pixels.

If it is not dead, I will live with it since there is a very high probability that getting a dead pixel panel. It is not noticable while normal usage btw.

Try rubbing the spot with your finger and some oil.
It may fix it.
Looks like you have a bad pixel.
Normally, a bad pixel is not sufficient for a rma unless it is in the middle of the screen and is obtrusive. If the monitor was advertised as "perfect pixel" return it.
Yes, this is in the middle, but since it is not noticeable normally, you can live with it.
Me, personally, it would bother me to no end.

Reactions: thedevilofdark
Solution

thedevilofdark

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
It's neither too big nor too bright, but definitely not what I want to see on a new screen.
By zooming (on phone and on windows) I can see there is no dead pixel in that area, all of them are working so is it dust as you mentioned before? I think I will live with that. I don't want to get worse one.