Brand new monitor with one white singe-pixel dot

ProzacR

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
Hello,
I recently purchased brand new Philips monitor and as black wallpaper user on first day noticed that ~one pixel, dust sized spot, always stays white. Not sure what to do now. It seems all good in general. Should I call warranty service or maybe there is some software to fix/reduce that?

Solution
If you can then it might be good to check with your warranty to see about a replacement. Note though that you would normally pay a bit extra to provide a dead pixel replacement guarantee (usually as an optional extra when you purchase the monitor). They won't affect anything the PC does, it's more a user annoyance.

Jim90

Distinguished
If you can then it might be good to check with your warranty to see about a replacement. Note though that you would normally pay a bit extra to provide a dead pixel replacement guarantee (usually as an optional extra when you purchase the monitor). They won't affect anything the PC does, it's more a user annoyance.

Solution
G

I have a strict zero tolerance to dead pixels! I actually asked the assistant in PC World to power up the monitor I was interested in so I could verify it was 100% perfect before I even thought of handing my card over to pay for it!

ProzacR

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
Yes, electricdragon, I will do same next time. This time I used internet shop and paid them even before delivery.

But now I called their local offices and they said that one is within allowed limits and generally they replace with 5 or so (depending on manufacturer) and told me to call shop national HQ which is still not at working hours now.