[SOLVED] Brand New Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti - High DPC Latency - Audio glitches Stuttering

xKuLee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
Greetings,

I been using gtx 1070 for many years without issues, recently i upgraded to gtx 1660 Ti a not neccesarily stronger but a much newer and healthier card than my 5-7 years old card

Performance is really good except for one thing, DPC Latency while i am playing games not very often maybe every 20 to 50 minutes there can be a second of sound glitch disortion popping and the driver

nvlddmkm.sys having latency over 1225ms when every other driver averrages at 50-200 ms with nvidia driver averraging at max 400 ms but then it gives me the 1250ms spikes sometimes causing an audio glitch and maybe an ingame stutter

So since it is the driver i tried to reinstall the drivers i also tried DDU and i also tried a few driver downgrades none of these helped me so far

Note: im not sure if this is true but i think before i install geforce experience this thing was not happening at a big ammount and with geforce experience is much more often even tho uninstalling it did not solve the problem

Does anyone have some ideas to what this could be?

Corsair SF750 80 Platinum plus
z390 Gigabyte Aorus Elite
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1660 TI 6gb
Intel i7 9700k
Cooler Dark rock pro 4
SSD+SSD+HDD Crucial MX x2 + Seagate barracuda
16gb DDR4 3200Ghz Ram
Windows 10 19044.1566

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please state the make and model of the PSU that's powering the GTX1660Ti? How old is the PSU in question? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

For the sake of relevance, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's best that you mention the specs to your build in the thread's body. Sig space specs can and will change, which often times renders the solutions/suggestions parsed into this thread become moot to the person who will be in the same boat as you're in now. Did you try working with the latest driver version? What OS are you on? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on?

xKuLee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
Can you please state the make and model of the PSU that's powering the GTX1660Ti? How old is the PSU in question? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

For the sake of relevance, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's best that you mention the specs to your build in the thread's body. Sig space specs can and will change, which often times renders the solutions/suggestions parsed into this thread become moot to the person who will be in the same boat as you're in now. Did you try working with the latest driver version? What OS are you on? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on?

You are right here are the stats

Corsair SF750 80 Platinum plus
z390 Gigabyte Aorus Elite
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1660 TI 6gb
Intel i7 9700k
Cooler Dark rock pro 4
SSD+SSD+HDD Crucial MX x2 + Seagate barracuda
16gb DDR4 3200Ghz Ram

Latest windows versions and drivers versions possible i always update them even tho now im trying a few Studio drivers or older drivers trying to find a solution but no luck same issue

tecmo34

Administrator
Have you tried to disable the Nvidia Audio that is installed with Drivers if not done already)? It is not needed, unless you are running your audio through the card to the monitor speakers. I normally always to a customer install of drivers and don't install the audio drivers. I relay on the motherboard drivers and headset drivers to control my audio.

xKuLee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
Have you tried to disable the Nvidia Audio that is installed with Drivers if not done already)? It is not needed, unless you are running your audio through the card to the monitor speakers. I normally always to a customer install of drivers and don't install the audio drivers. I relay on the motherboard drivers and headset drivers to control my audio.

Thanks for your time replying, yes i have it disabled already, a new thing i tried is going to bios and setting Speed Link to gen3 instead of auto and i played a game with max 359ms latency could this be a fix? i read aboutthis online but ima have to test it a lot more gonna try couple more games now