[SOLVED] Brand New PC Build Keeps Bluescreening & Hard Drives Disappearing

Dec 31, 2018
So, I have had this issue for a while now. For a few months, I spent time buying brand new PC parts from reputable electronics stores in order to build my editing work station. I built my new PC in November and all seemed fine at first. (This also wasn't my first time building a PC, never had this issue before)
My hard drives, my SSD and my disc drive were showing up and I didn't experience any crashes. But once I restarted my PC, my disc drive didn't seem to run so I couldn't even install windows.
I tried different power supplies, different cables, but nothing seemed to work. In my BIOs, I wasn't usually able to see my HDDs nor my disc drive. I would only see them once I had shut down my PC for a prolonged amount of time and then booted it up, but if I were to restart it, I would be back to square one. Only my SSD showed up.

I decided to use a flash drive to install Windows onto my SSD so I could move forward.
After a while, all seemed fine, though the issue where my hard drives and my disc drive weren't showing up persisted (I ended up taking out my disc drive, as I didn't really need it for anything else but installing Windows).
I experience blue screens quite often while browsing through files, opening websites, watching videos and so on, nothing that should really be an issue for my PC, so it's really confusing.
Also my Hard Drives still don't show up for whatever reason. They do every now and then and I can access them just fine in those instances.
There are also random spikes I get in CPU usage, where it goes up to 70% when I launch my computer or when I look at a random website, though those happen quite infrequently. My cooling is quite decent, CPU averages around 37 degrees C, so I don't think overheating is an issue.

I have considered hiring people to come here and take a look at my PC, but it's really damn expensive (Cheapest being around 80 Euros an hour, would rather buy new parts than that) and due to the metropolitan area where I live making it impossible to own a car, I don't have one so transporting my PC to a place where people could go and analyze it would be such a damn hassle, not to mention the risk of theft/accidents.
If someone could help me, I'd be extremely grateful!

I'll alsi list my specs here from what I can find:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (8 Core, 16 Thread Processor, 4.3 GHz Max Boost, 3.7 GHz Base)

ASUS Rog Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard

2x 16GB (32GB in total) DDR4 Hyper X Fury Ram Sticks 3200MHz

Samsung V-Nand SSD 970 Evo NVMe M.2 250GB

2x HDD WD 3.5 Inch 2TB SATA3 64Mb 5400Rpm 600Mb/s

Aorus Xtreme GeForce RTX 2080Ti

In Win PSU IP-P1K2BK3-3 ATX 1200W 80Plus Bronze Bulk

Cryorig R1 Ultimate CPU-Tower Cooler

(Think that's all, if you need to know anything else to help, let me know! :) )

Solution
NVME SSDs often use system resources that will prevent some SATA ports from working. If you have devices attached to those ports, they won't work.

Look at your motherboard manual and determine what ports these are for your config and then make sure not to use those.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
NVME SSDs often use system resources that will prevent some SATA ports from working. If you have devices attached to those ports, they won't work.

Look at your motherboard manual and determine what ports these are for your config and then make sure not to use those.

Solution
Dec 31, 2018

This certainly helped me access my Hard Drives again :) Thanks a bunch!
Haven't experienced any blue screens either til now, gona see if that's still an issue.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Good news! You are welcome. If you have any other issues/questions, just let us know.

Dec 31, 2018

I haven't gotten a blue screen for a while now, but you never know.
What sort of power supply do you recommend for my build? Budget for that is around $80-$150 at this moment. If you think I should go for something more expensive, I can just wait a week or so for my payday and that could be sorted.
Thanks for the heads up either way!

Dec 31, 2018

Well I got one of those for myself. Things have been running smoother, but I still get blue screens every now and then, when I push my PC a bit. Not really sure what the issue may be now. Benchmarks don't seem to be bad.