Brand New PC Crashing with Artifacts

Prizma

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Okay, so my friend and I just built a brand new pc a few days ago with all brand new parts from amazon and newegg:

Spec list:
i7 7700k (no oc)
Deepcool Captain AiO Cooler
16GB DDR4 3200 RAM (running at 2133)
Aorus Z270x Gaming K7
EVGA 1080 FTW DT (no oc)
Corsair RM650X PSU
500gb SSD with Windows 10

So for the first day everything went beautifully with 0 problems but then the next day suddenly the pc (while play ARK Survival Evolved) had a bunch of artifacts on the display, froze completely, and then the pc restarted itself. No Blue screen and no error codes.

The pc restarted perfectly fine and we waited for a few minutes and as soon as we opened up Chrome, it happened again. And again it restarted opened ark and this time it said graphics drivers have crashed and blah blah happened again.

Since I have a pc myself we decided to switch out parts to see what was causing it and obviously with the artifacts it would be a graphics card problem so I stuck my 1080ti in his computer, reinstalled drivers, and it worked flawless. I took his 1080 and put it in mine, and to my surprise it worked perfect. We went a full day with this switch. Also switched out his ram with mine and it worked perfectly, and afterwards we put all of his components back and it worked great for the rest of the day no problems. And of course the next day, it started happening again. Wiped graphics drivers and reinstalled and completely reinstalled windows with no avail.

The 1080 isn't overheating as it was either not under load at all, or in game it was around 70c which is perfectly fine. The only thing I can think of is the motherboard, however that wouldn't explain the 1080ti working and not his 1080. I'm all out of ideas, so any help would be very appreciated.

Prizma

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

Oh you're right I forgot the PSU. He's using a Corsair RM650X so it should be plenty of power. And I got the drivers from the evga website itself.

Prizma

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

What drivers are you speaking of?

Prizma

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

Temps for CPU weren't going past 60c but I'll do that.