Question Brand new PC has problems with games crashing.

May 5, 2020
Hello guys.

I got a brand new PC on Tuesday, and I had problems with it shutting down randomly when playing games, and I took it to the dealer I bought it from, they had a look at it, and there was a label on the surface of the CPU cooler, which the guy who built the PC had forgotten to remove before installing it. Now that they took care of that, I got it back, and I used it for like a day, and it worked like a charm.

Then last night, I went to play Warzone, and I couldn't play it, because I kept getting errors and the game crashed each time I tried to enter the Warzone menu, where you choose game modes and customize your character. I had to underclock the GPU for it to work, but even then when I played it for a while, it started crashing again with the same message.

I gave up, and tried Rainbow Six: Siege, and well I launched it, and even that game crashed at the screen where it connects to the Ubisoft servers.

I managed to get it to work one time, if I used Nvidia Experience to force the settings to be the lowest setting possible, and when I did that the graphics were all messed up with random triangles and lines all over the place.

So, my question Is this:

Do you guys think the PC has been damaged by the CPU cooler thing, or is it a software issue?

I've tried doing a clean install of Windows and the problem is still there for both games.

Temperatures are normal on the CPU, GPU and motherboard.

SPECS:

Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz.
MSI Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S
16GB RAM, 2x8GB Ram, and they are identical.
The Case is a MSI Gungnir 100d
WD Blue 3D Nand 500GB M.2 SSD
PSU Ritoro Enigma 850WG2

Hello guys.

I got a brand new PC on Tuesday, and I had problems with it shutting down randomly when playing games, and I took it to the dealer I bought it from, they had a look at it, and there was a label on the surface of the CPU cooler, which the guy who built the PC had forgotten to remove before installing it. Now that they took care of that, I got it back, and I used it for like a day, and it worked like a charm.

Then last night, I went to play Warzone, and I couldn't play it, because I kept getting errors and the game crashed each time I tried to enter the Warzone menu, where you choose game modes and customize your character. I had to underclock the GPU for it to work, but even then when I played it for a while, it started crashing again with the same message.

I gave up, and tried Rainbow Six: Siege, and well I launched it, and even that game crashed at the screen where it connects to the Ubisoft servers.

I managed to get it to work one time, if I used Nvidia Experience to force the settings to be the lowest setting possible, and when I did that the graphics were all messed up with random triangles and lines all over the place.

So, my question Is this:

Do you guys think the PC has been damaged by the CPU cooler thing, or is it a software issue?

I've tried doing a clean install of Windows and the problem is still there for both games.

Temperatures are normal on the CPU, GPU and motherboard.

SPECS:

Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz.
MSI Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S
16GB RAM, 2x8GB Ram, and they are identical.
The Case is a MSI Gungnir 100d
WD Blue 3D Nand 500GB M.2 SSD
PSU Ritoro Enigma 850WG2
Either way someone doesn’t know what they are doing. I’d get my money back and spend it elsewhere