[SOLVED] Brand New PC has super slow download speeds on great WiFi

Jun 4, 2020
So I just built my brand new pc and also upgraded my WiFi from 300mbps to 1GB. I have all of the drivers downloaded for my motherboard and for my WiFi adapters. Yet, I am still getting 2mbps when downloading games. Anyone have a solution?

Specs are: Ryzen 9 3900x, MSI GTX 2070 Super, 2 TB HDD + 1TB SSD, EVGA 1000w Power Supply
16GB RAM
Thanks so much.

Solution
sorry about that. I completely forgot. I have a ASUS ROG B450 F Gaming motherboard. I’m using USB adapters and I have an xfinity gigabit speed modem with xfi.
Which USB adapter? The "nano" USB are garbage. They have no space for a decent antenna.
Since that is a ROG motherboard, ensure that you don't have the ROG Game First software installed. It will limit download speeds.

kanewolf

Titan
So I just built my brand new pc and also upgraded my WiFi from 300mbps to 1GB. I have all of the drivers downloaded for my motherboard and for my WiFi adapters. Yet, I am still getting 2mbps when downloading games. Anyone have a solution?

Specs are: Ryzen 9 3900x, MSI GTX 2070 Super, 2 TB HDD + 1TB SSD, EVGA 1000w Power Supply
16GB RAM
Thanks so much.
You have not identified what motherboard you have, or if you are using built-in, PCIe, or USB WIFI adapter. We also need to know what your WIFI router or AP is.
We need more info.

Jun 4, 2020
You have not identified what motherboard you have, or if you are using built-in, PCIe, or USB WIFI adapter. We also need to know what your WIFI router or AP is.
We need more info.

sorry about that. I completely forgot. I have a ASUS ROG B450 F Gaming motherboard. I’m using USB adapters and I have an xfinity gigabit speed modem with xfi.

kanewolf

Titan
Which USB adapter? The "nano" USB are garbage. They have no space for a decent antenna.
Since that is a ROG motherboard, ensure that you don't have the ROG Game First software installed. It will limit download speeds.

Solution
Jun 4, 2020
I used to play on laptop and so I had everything pre downloaded for me. I’m new to all of the adapters and it turns out I have a PCI not a USB. The adapters are called tp link TL-WN881ND V2 . I do not have Game First installed. Sorry if this causes any trouble.