Brand New PC instantly crashes when AIDA64 is run..

Neilarado

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
So to be clear, all of these parts are about 90 days out. Here are the specs:

6700k (STOCK, NOT OVERCLOCKED*)
Kraken x62
EVGA 1070 FTW
Asus z170 Pro Gaming Aura MB
16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Samsung 850 Evo (sata)
NZXT Hue+
EVGA 850 G2 Supernova

I've been having an issue with my PC crashing at random times. At first, it was only happening while I was playing a game (Diablo 3) but today it literally crashed as soon as I booted it up and logged into Windows. It was working perfectly fine all day yesterday. The thing is, I get random BSoD error messages that change every time it crashes so lord knows which of them, if any, are the real cause.

When it does crash like this, it wont boot up properly for a while. It will keep restarting itself and try to boot but then end up freezing at the Asus load screen and give me a BSoD with a random error. Then rinse and repeat.

I made a post here about it last week but now several things have changed/been updated:

-I was advised to try using one RAM stick at a time. I tried that immediately after a crash and neither stick booted the system on its own.

-I was advised to run Prime95 simple FFT test AND blend test. I ran them both for 40 minutes each and no errors/warnings/crashes. The CPU temperature never went above 68 celcius.

-I was advised to run memtest86. I downloaded it to a flash drive, booted to it, ran a full test, and 6.5 hours later it completed and said all 48 tests passed, again no warnings or errors.

-I benchmarked my SSD using Samsung Magician and it had no problems and the software says its in good status.

If you're wondering how I'm running these tests when my PC won't boot, its simply because eventually it WILL boot. Sometimes it takes 30 mins or so before it will finally boot. This sounds like a possible overheating issue but anytime I check the temps in CAM, they are stable (like during the prime95 tests).

HERE'S THE WEIRD PART:

-When I run Aida64 and run a stress test, it immediately crashes 5-10 seconds into the test. I get BSoD and then the cycle starts of freezing at Asus loading screen and BSoD.

Is there anything else I can try to do to figure this out? It seems like my only option is to RMA everything.

Reactions: Bubblewrap

Neilarado

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Here are the recent BSoD codes:

STOP CODE: APC INDEX MISMATCH. WHAT FAILED: NFTS.SYS

STOP CODE: SESSION 1 INITIALIZATION FAILED

STOP CODE: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. WHAT FAILED: CNG.SYS

STOP CODE: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

STOP CODE: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Changing the voltage in the Bios would then stop me from overclocking in the future right? I feel like if I had to do that, theres a hardware problem that I need to get fixed. I will do the command prompt thing as soon as it boots up again. Also, I am positive it is not virus related as I have not downloaded or installed anything other than blizzard games and aida64 pretty much.

PC-4LIFE

Respectable
Nov 14, 2016

Nonono. Lowering the voltage in the BIOS will simply limit how much energy the CPU can use.
It will almost definitely be stable and will generate a lot less heat and will increase the life span of your chip.
This is known as undervolting.
You can still overclock whenever you want, nothing can stop you from that!

Neilarado

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

Ok got it, Would that make you feel like a piece of hardware is faulty if it works? Since I would assume most people dont take this step after building a PC

Neilarado

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Another symptom that randomly started today is Google Chrome crashing. When I first open it, I get the not responding thing and it makes me close or wait. Also, while browsing, the screen will randomly pop to the "Aw, snap!" screen that says the page failed or whatever. This all started today and is happening quite a bit.

Neilarado

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
I tried the sfc/scannow in the command prompt and it got to 3% and then said "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

EDIT: after another reboot, it successfully scanned and nothing wrong

Neilarado

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
So Im trying to boot into a USB drive with a fresh windows 10 on it and still wont boot. It doesnt even go to BSoD anymore, it simply freezes at the asus loading screen and flashes a blue screen then reboots itself. Really frustrating that nothing works and I cant even boot up at all now

Neilarado

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
I don't have another PSU unfortunately. I have a new set of RAM coming tomorrow and MB on Friday. If those two replacements don't work then I'll RMA the PSU next. I thought it was possibly the SSD but now it won't even boot from my USB drive