[SOLVED] Brand new PC is getting stuck on the motherboard screen. Suggestions?

_danielpwils01

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3FGQcq

Finished building it yesterday. Build process went smoothly, until the end, where I experienced a few issues. I didn't remove the IO covers from the graphics card before installation, and when I went back to remove them, they wouldn't fit through the case slot. I attempted to remove the GPU to take out the covers, but it was difficult. I pushed the lever open with a screwdriver, but it kept jamming back in place. I was only able to remove the front half of the GPU from the bracket before the lever clicked again, which was enough to remove the IO covers. Unfortunately, on one of my attempts to open the latch, the screwdriver slipped off and hit the motherboard with a fair bit of force. Since the PC still booted, I figured it was fine.

Today, I hooked up the system to a display. The PC boots, but it's stuck on the motherboard screen . I know the RAM is being detected or else the screen wouldn't show up at all, so its not the ram or the DIMM slots (I still tried a working kit just in case).

What else should I try? I was planning on removing the motherboard batter, but turns out it's directly behind the GPU, which I'm hesitant to try and remove again.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solution

Finished building it yesterday. Build process went smoothly, until the end, where I experienced a few issues. I didn't remove the IO covers from the graphics card before installation, and when I went back to remove them, they wouldn't fit through the case slot. I attempted to remove the GPU to take out the covers, but it was difficult. I pushed the lever open with a screwdriver, but it kept jamming back in place. I was only able to remove the front half of the GPU from the bracket before the lever clicked again, which was enough to remove the IO covers. Unfortunately, on one of my attempts to open the latch, the screwdriver slipped off and hit the motherboard with a fair bit of...

Finished building it yesterday. Build process went smoothly, until the end, where I experienced a few issues. I didn't remove the IO covers from the graphics card before installation, and when I went back to remove them, they wouldn't fit through the case slot. I attempted to remove the GPU to take out the covers, but it was difficult. I pushed the lever open with a screwdriver, but it kept jamming back in place. I was only able to remove the front half of the GPU from the bracket before the lever clicked again, which was enough to remove the IO covers. Unfortunately, on one of my attempts to open the latch, the screwdriver slipped off and hit the motherboard with a fair bit of force. Since the PC still booted, I figured it was fine.

Today, I hooked up the system to a display. The PC boots, but it's stuck on the motherboard screen . I know the RAM is being detected or else the screen wouldn't show up at all, so its not the ram or the DIMM slots (I still tried a working kit just in case).

What else should I try? I was planning on removing the motherboard batter, but turns out it's directly behind the GPU, which I'm hesitant to try and remove again.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Have you installed an OS yet?

Does the system identify all attached drives?

If you still need to install an OS you'll need to create the installation media on a USB stick and have it inserted to install to your system drive. You'll have to make sure the BIOS is set up to boot to USB if it doesn't by default.

Solution