Sep 2, 2022
Hi, I built a new PC, but it's very buggy. In Windows 10, the PC is lagging under really low load for no reason. Sometimes, the entire Windows Explorer.exe freezes and I have to force shutdown. Or there are just random, extremely weird bugs. Even Bluescreens used to occur (although I think the reason for those was ClickMonitorDDC). I reinstalled both Windows 10 and 11 multiple times, but the problem persists. I even checked the RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostics, but there doesn't seem to be a problem.
Of course it could be a driver problem, but I always update them with Snappy Driver Installer Origin. Could it be that it loads faulty drivers and I should just let Windows install drivers after reinstalling? I really ran out of ideas what the problem could be. No overclocking and stuff (heck, I got 2 cooling fans).
What could be the reason for the freezes and how can I fix it?

Hardware
Processor: Intel Core i9-10850K
Mainboard: ASUS TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI
Graphics Card: ASUS DUAL RTX 3060 OC VW LHR
RAM: Corsair cmw32gx4m2d3600c18 32 GB

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
Welcome to the Forums!

You didn't list what PSU that you installed with the computer. It could be a power delivery issue

It could possibly be a driver issue. I am not sure what Snappy Driver Installer is but I haven't had an issue with just letting windows pull all the drivers so I would let it do its thing and pull drivers how Windows likes.

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
you did not list your storage. that is the first thing that crossed my mind. use HD sentinel. also check your motherboard standoff screws, are they in the right spot. confirm that the 24 pin is put in all the way.

Sep 2, 2022
Welcome to the Forums!

You didn't list what PSU that you installed with the computer. It could be a power delivery issue

It could possibly be a driver issue. I am not sure what Snappy Driver Installer is but I haven't had an issue with just letting windows pull all the drivers so I would let it do its thing and pull drivers how Windows likes.

My PSU is Be Quiet Straight Power 11. Storage is two Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB . It's the latest bios, yes. CPU temp seemed to be fine, also no overclocking.

It's just very weird. Windows 11, for example, is completely buggy, e.g. search bar not working, randomly untabbing from text fields. Even after reinstalling. Windows 10 works, but things like Chrome, Explorer sometimes randomly freeze to the point I have to force shutdown the PC. Sometimes I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Bsod, too. Overall very weird

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
It is never a good idea to use automated driver installers. Most, if not all of them, can and will install faulty drivers that can really mess things up and I suspect this is the case with yours.
You should always get your drivers from either the manufacturer's website or via Windows itself. Try uninstalling the drivers that were installed and then manually installing the correct ones. Afterwards, run sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and a virus scan.

Reactions: CompuGuy71

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Download latest Chipset/LAN/Audio drivers from here yourself,