[SOLVED] Brand new pc not connecting to display

Oct 20, 2020
Hello!

I just got my new computer in the mail. I bought a prebuilt one off of ebay:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Onfite-Gaming-Desktop-PC-Intel-Core-i7-3-4GHz-Nvidia-GTX-1060-16GB-RAM-1TB-HDD/143750234046?item=143750234046&pageci=e0b626d0-afaa-47cf-927b-6893f751b44b

I just started it up for the first time and it all seems to be working well, however my computer will not detect my monitor. I have an LG 22MN430H-B monitor and have tried on a tv as well with hdmi connection. There’s only one slot for hdmi on my computer that plugs directly into gpu. I’ve tried unplugging and replugging some things inside the computer, tried different cords, and took out and put the ram back in.

I know bare minimum about computers (hence why I bought a prebuilt one) and would appreciate any help!

Solution
Yes they did send it all in the pc, I don’t know barely anything about computers I bought this for me and my daughter.I have no idea how to disassemble it and barely understand what you are saying haha so I think I either need to take it to a shop or send it back to the seller
I would send back to seller and get your money back dony buy from ebay when it comes to pc, saddly to easy to rip people off. You may have had a capacitor get damaged in shipping. Which means the system woukd need a new one sodared on not worth ylthe extra cash on a brand new system
Hello!

I just got my new computer in the mail. I bought a prebuilt one off of ebay:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Onfite-Gaming-Desktop-PC-Intel-Core-i7-3-4GHz-Nvidia-GTX-1060-16GB-RAM-1TB-HDD/143750234046?item=143750234046&pageci=e0b626d0-afaa-47cf-927b-6893f751b44b

I just started it up for the first time and it all seems to be working well, however my computer will not detect my monitor. I have an LG 22MN430H-B monitor and have tried on a tv as well with hdmi connection. There’s only one slot for hdmi on my computer that plugs directly into gpu. I’ve tried unplugging and replugging some things inside the computer, tried different cords, and took out and put the ram back in.

I know bare minimum about computers (hence why I bought a prebuilt one) and would appreciate any help!
When they shipped the pc did they ship it with the gpu inside the pc? It may have damaged the pci slot it rest in have you may be able to try a different port and see if that works. However i doubt it, it maybe be something with the card itself. There's a lot that can happen when shipped assembled. But i would also try clearing the bios, pull the watch type battery on the mobo with the psu unplugged hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times then reseat the battery and then replug the psu back in.

Oct 20, 2020
When they shipped the pc did they ship it with the gpu inside the pc? It may have damaged the pci slot it rest in have you may be able to try a different port and see if that works. However i doubt it, it maybe be something with the card itself. There's a lot that can happen when shipped assembled. But i would also try clearing the bios, pull the watch type battery on the mobo with the psu unplugged hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times then reseat the battery and then replug the psu back in.

Yes they did send it all in the pc, I don’t know barely anything about computers I bought this for me and my daughter.I have no idea how to disassemble it and barely understand what you are saying haha so I think I either need to take it to a shop or send it back to the seller

I would send back to seller and get your money back dony buy from ebay when it comes to pc, saddly to easy to rip people off. You may have had a capacitor get damaged in shipping. Which means the system woukd need a new one sodared on not worth ylthe extra cash on a brand new system

Solution
And for that price range you can actually find better else were i've seen a couple prebuilts and bestbuy and stuff with rtx cards in the price range same amount of ram ryzen cpus...