[SOLVED] Brand new pc not turning on

Oct 14, 2020
Helping out a friend went through everything multiple times with him and still will not turn on. The motherboard rgb will turn on but fans will not. Here is the spec list. I am unsure of the issue at this point. Only thing I possibly is he is still waiting on the gpu. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cmwzn7

Solution
It should at least power on and turn fans, etc., then as it's looking for some sort of video adapter, give an error and/ or beep code that one is not found...

I'd double with the friend that requisite ATX12V CPU power (at least an 8 pin, possibly even an extra 4 pin) is connected from PSU to mainboard via that PSU's modular cables as specified in the mainboard's instruction manual... (If he is using a new PSU , warn to NOT mix old modular cables from old PSU with a new PSU, which can be disastrous... and expensive)
It should at least power on and turn fans, etc., then as it's looking for some sort of video adapter, give an error and/ or beep code that one is not found...

I'd double with the friend that requisite ATX12V CPU power (at least an 8 pin, possibly even an extra 4 pin) is connected from PSU to mainboard via that PSU's modular cables as specified in the mainboard's instruction manual... (If he is using a new PSU , warn to NOT mix old modular cables from old PSU with a new PSU, which can be disastrous... and expensive)

Solution