Question Brand new pc not working anymore after BSOD - Vga light on mobo

Apr 27, 2023
Hi guys!

I hope some of you might help me here cause I’m out of ideas. I just received my new custom build pc from the store today. Booted it up & installed windows. It all looked fine. Then I started downloading the correct drivers for the mobo and installing windows update. All of a sudden I got a BSOD. The computer only worked for like 20 minutes. Now whatever I do it won’t start / respond anymore. The monitor doesn’t respond and I can’t even enter the bios / it just doesn’t do anything. The lights on my keyboard / mouse are also not working so I guess there’s no connection there either. Inside the case all looks normal. The fans are spinning and all rgb lights are on. Except for the little white light on the mobo next to “vga”.

Things I’ve tried:

Using 1 ram instead of 2 and different slots.

Booting with another GPU card

Taking mobo battery out to clear cmos and touching the 2 pins with a screwdriver

I checked all cables, everything looks connected as it should

I’m out of ideas. I hope someone here can help me. Everything worked fine until I started installing windows update / drivers. The company who did the custom build flashed the bios to the latest version. XMP ram profile was enabled. Why did it work for 20 minutes and after installing some drivers / BSOD it looks bricked..?

Config:

-RTX 4090
-I9 13900kf
-Gigabyte aero g z790
-2 x 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB F5-6000
-1200W PSU

Thanks in advance 🙏

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Why did it work for 20 minutes and after installing some drivers / BSOD it looks bricked..?

Contact the store and ask them, since they built it. Also, they are the customer support for your PC.

By the looks of it, you're going to return the PC to them for diagnostics and fix. Might as well throw in the OS installation as well, so, when another BSoD happens, it happens on site and they can deal with it.

Apr 27, 2023
Contact the store and ask them, since they built it. Also, they are the customer support for your PC.

By the looks of it, you're going to return the PC to them for diagnostics and fix. Might as well throw in the OS installation as well, so, when another BSoD happens, it happens on site and they can deal with it.
Thanks for your reply. I’ve returned the pc to them seeing it was brand new. I tried everything without succes.