Question Brand new PC -> Random BSOD (Idle/During game) after 4 days

Oct 6, 2023
Hello!

In the last few days i was looking at multiple forums/sites to look for solutions but i decided to post here too maybe anyone who reads this had similiar issues and can help me out. In any case, thank you for taking your time! I never had issues before with any of my PC's so it's pretty new to me.

So this is a brand new PC. I bought it from a local store in my country, they have good rep. They also offer a service so that they build your PC with your choosen parts, also updating your BIOS etc.

The config is the following:

MB: Asrock B550M Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400
Case: Deepcool CH370
GPU: Sapphire RX 6700 XT
RAM: Corsair 16GB Vengeance LPX 3600MHz CL16 (2x8GB)
PSU: Seasonic G12 GC 650W
SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Plus

Contex:

So i got the PC, they updated Bios to the latest version. XMP was enabled with the default settings for the ram. I installed win11 from an USB. First thing was to install every windows update first. Then i installed the AMD Drivers, (Adrenalin - 23/9/3). I checked every box so all drivers, etc was installed. After i personalized the windows and was done with everything i installed steam and went to play with my friends.

For 4 days straight everything went pretty well. I mostly played AC:Unity in the first few days. In the second-third day i got crashes, randomly from the game to the desktop. However, after re-opening the game i was able to continue and nothing happened after. Also when i was watching youtube and just browsing i had no freezes, crashes and the Status_Access_Violation from chrome was also non existent.

In the 4th day when i was playing at night i randomly got a bsod (Unexpected_Store_Exception). I went to sleep after that.

Next day, i started to encounter more issues. Chrome is started to throw errors in multiple websites (Status_Access_Violation) which didn't happened before. I also got multiple freezes and restarts randomly. Sometimes right after i boot up my windows, then maybe after an hour or so. Then i tried to play a game again. Shortly after, i encountered around 4-5 BSOD and i had to wait like 20-30 minutes until i could login to windows. (Page_Fault_NonPaged_Area),(Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal),(Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled),(System_Service_Exception),(Memory_Management) just to name a few.

Event Viewer logs are mostly these:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 8

I got this around 4-5 times and one time the APIC ID was 9 instead of 8.

So after that i looked up these errors and everything pointed at the RAM. Firstly, i tried to turn off XMP. This didn't worked as i crashed again if i recall correctly. Then all of a sudden i could boot up and everything worked fine for like 30 minutes then again crashed without any blue screen. After that i was able to just idle and browse the internet for like 4-5 hours until i got another crash (I also got the Status_Access_Violation in Chrome occasionally)

Then, since i had my old rams in my previous PC i replaced the current ones with that. It's not that good ram(1x16, 2400MHz) but it worked perfectly in my previous pc so i knew it's not faulty since i used that PC daily until the day i bought the new one. Suddenly, everything was good again. No crashes, i was able to play again. No crash during idling/gaming. I also reset the CMOS Battery, so full stock bios settings. I also ordered a G.Skill RipJaws V 3200 CL16 (2x8GB) in any case if both of my ram would be the culprit since i seen that it has better reputation than the Vengeance LPX which i sadly only seen after i bought the LPX. I also didn't see the Status_Access_Violation error in Chrome.

Anyway, it didn't last for long as today i got a BSOD during playing a game for like 3 hours after 4 day again. This time i got a kernel_auto_boost_invalid_lock_release.

I crashed 1 more time with a blue screen when i was just talking with my friend in discord and that's where i am right now and i see the Status_Access_Violation error in Chrome again.

I got this in the event viewer too (I never had this with previous crashes):

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: Memory
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check

I would like to think that it's not some hardware issue and i could tweak something or troubleshoot it by myself with any help that i get here but in the worst case, i have warranty for everything so yeah.

It's really weird that it worked for a few days and it's not working suddenly again. I just wanted to ask here for any help since i don't want to mess up anything in the bios and such by myself.

If someone could help me out it would be awesome! Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello!

In the last few days i was looking at multiple forums/sites to look for solutions but i decided to post here too maybe anyone who reads this had similiar issues and can help me out. In any case, thank you for taking your time! I never had issues before with any of my PC's so it's pretty new to me.

So this is a brand new PC. I bought it from a local store in my country, they have good rep. They also offer a service so that they build your PC with your choosen parts, also updating your BIOS etc.

Contex:

So i got the PC, they updated Bios to the latest version. XMP was enabled with the default settings for the ram. I installed win11 from an USB. First thing was to install every windows update first. Then i installed the AMD Drivers, (Adrenalin - 23/9/3). I checked every box so all drivers, etc was installed. After i personalized the windows and was done with everything i installed steam and went to play with my friends.

For 4 days straight everything went pretty well. I mostly played AC:Unity in the first few days. In the second-third day i got crashes, randomly from the game to the desktop. However, after re-opening the game i was able to continue and nothing happened after. Also when i was watching youtube and just browsing i had no freezes, crashes and the Status_Access_Violation from chrome was also non existent.

In the 4th day when i was playing at night i randomly got a bsod (Unexpected_Store_Exception). I went to sleep after that.

Next day, i started to encounter more issues. Chrome is started to throw errors in multiple websites (Status_Access_Violation) which didn't happened before. I also got multiple freezes and restarts randomly. Sometimes right after i boot up my windows, then maybe after an hour or so. Then i tried to play a game again. Shortly after, i encountered around 4-5 BSOD and i had to wait like 20-30 minutes until i could login to windows. (Page_Fault_NonPaged_Area),(Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal),(Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled),(System_Service_Exception),(Memory_Management) just to name a few.

So after that i looked up these errors and everything pointed at the RAM. Firstly, i tried to turn off XMP. This didn't worked as i crashed again if i recall correctly. Then all of a sudden i could boot up and everything worked fine for like 30 minutes then again crashed without any blue screen. After that i was able to just idle and browse the internet for like 4-5 hours until i got another crash (I also got the Status_Access_Violation in Chrome occasionally)

Then, since i had my old rams in my previous PC i replaced the current ones with that. It's not that good ram(1x16, 2400MHz) but it worked perfectly in my previous pc so i knew it's not faulty since i used that PC daily until the day i bought the new one. Suddenly, everything was good again. No crashes, i was able to play again. No crash during idling/gaming. I also reset the CMOS Battery, so full stock bios settings. I also ordered a G.Skill RipJaws V 3200 CL16 (2x8GB) in any case if both of my ram would be the culprit since i seen that it has better reputation than the Vengeance LPX which i sadly only seen after i bought the LPX. I also didn't see the Status_Access_Violation error in Chrome.

Anyway, it didn't last for long as today i got a BSOD during playing a game for like 3 hours after 4 day again. This time i got a kernel_auto_boost_invalid_lock_release.

I crashed 1 more time with a blue screen when i was just talking with my friend in discord and that's where i am right now and i see the Status_Access_Violation error in Chrome again.

I would like to think that it's not some hardware issue and i could tweak something or troubleshoot it by myself with any help that i get here but in the worst case, i have warranty for everything so yeah.

It's really weird that it worked for a few days and it's not working suddenly again. I just wanted to ask here for any help since i don't want to mess up anything in the bios and such by myself.

If someone could help me out it would be awesome! Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.
If you bought this pre made by them then return it it's not your problem.
EDIT if the above statement is true then don't do anything for them to be able to say you broke it.

Oct 6, 2023
Hello!

Contex:

Willing to bet money this is a driver issue. Update ALL drivers. Network drivers, audio drivers, everything. Had this exact issue before with those exact BSODs errors and it was solved by driver updates