Question Brand new PC shuts down, blue screen ?

Aug 12, 2023
HI everyone,
I recently bought a new gaming pc with the following specs:

motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS Elite V2 (rev. 1.0)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.70GHz AM4
tower: DEEPCOOL CH510 MESH DIGITAL (only came with 1 bulit in ventilator on the back, no front or top)
GPU: ASUS TUF-RTX3060TI-O8GD6X-GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6X TUF Gaming OC PCIE
memory: KINGSTON FURY 16GB Beast DDR4 3200MHz ( 2x 8gigs)
PSU: ASUS ROG Strix 850G 850W
SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 980 PRO M.2 PCIe M.2 (2)
CPU cooler: DEEPCOOL AK620 black

The drivers are up to date
The base temp im getting is 40 celsius while writhing this and listening to youtube.
While gaming this goes up to 65-75 celsius and the pc shuts down automaticly.

the error code im getting is:
i tried everything that i was to understand and capable of but i couldnt manage to fix it.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
While gaming this goes up to 65-75 celsius and the pc shuts down automaticly.
Random reboots or shutdowns are mostly caused by 2 issues:
1. CPU/GPU overheats and to prevent any damage, system shuts down.
2. PSU fails to deliver enough power to the GPU or fails to keep smooth enough voltage for PC's operation.

At this point, it could be either. 65-75C is what? CPU temp? Or GPU temp?
If issue is with temps, add 1 or 2 intake fans to your PC case.

Also, while you have good PSU, there are lemons even among the best. Trying with 2nd, good quality, known to work PSU would tell if it is PSU issue or not.

At this point, and since you bought prebuilt, you'd need to RMA the whole PC. The store where you bought it from has to provide you support regarding your issue.
Since if you were to open up the PC to add/replace hardware, you could void the warranty on your PC.

Aug 12, 2023
Random reboots or shutdowns are mostly caused by 2 issues:
1. CPU/GPU overheats and to prevent any damage, system shuts down.
2. PSU fails to deliver enough power to the GPU or fails to keep smooth enough voltage for PC's operation.

At this point, it could be either. 65-75C is what? CPU temp? Or GPU temp?
If issue is with temps, add 1 or 2 intake fans to your PC case.

Also, while you have good PSU, there are lemons even among the best. Trying with 2nd, good quality, known to work PSU would tell if it is PSU issue or not.

At this point, and since you bought prebuilt, you'd need to RMA the whole PC. The store where you bought it from has to provide you support regarding your issue.
Since if you were to open up the PC to add/replace hardware, you could void the warranty on your PC.
Spent all night trying to undervolt my cpu and it seems to decrease the temperature and i didnt get blue screen while gaming.
Rn trying to play with different games to see if i still have a problem or not.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Removing the tempered glass side panel would give the most benefit in terms of cooling. And you could keep it open until you get more case fans.

Oh, increasing the CPU cooler fan speeds from BIOS is also a good idea (or making far more aggressive fan curve).

Aug 12, 2023
For the fans i use the fan control v165, tomorrow the fans that i ordered are gonna arrive so im looking forward if that can help with the airflow