[SOLVED] Brand new PC sounds like a jet, help me quiet it down PLEASE!

Jun 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received my brand new build today from a local pc shop. After the stress of my first pic build I thought I’d just get the experts to do it. As soon as I booted the computer I could tell something was definitely not right, the fans are really loud. After putting my ear to the case it seems the cpu cooler is the one making the loudest sound and the case fans mounted on the top of the case a close second.

Here is my build:
Asus ROG strix z390-F
i7 9700K
Asus rog strix 120mm liquid cpu cooler
MSI geforce RTX super 2080
1tb ssd
2tb seagate hdd
Corsair vengeance 16gb (2x8gb)
EVGA 650w gold
2 x cooler master 140mm
2 x Corsair 140mm case fan

I’ve tried changing the fan speeds in bios but nothing has happened. The fans were originally on standard, I tried silent and manual options and no changes made any difference to the sound. I installed speedfan and the fans don’t even show up. I updated bios to latest firmware , I’m about puzzled. Really need some help or next steps.

Thanks everyone !!

Jun 19, 2020
Thanks mate this has worked! I selected silent on the little on screen widget and it’s very quiet. When it reboots though the fans are super loud and once it gets to the windows log on screen it goes to silent. Anyway to get it to start quiet?

Thanks mate this has worked! I selected silent on the little on screen widget and it’s very quiet. When it reboots though the fans are super loud and once it gets to the windows log on screen it goes to silent. Anyway to get it to start quiet?
I don't think my system is loud until windows loads and I use fan xpert. I went into the program and manually set the fan curve for each fan I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Otherwise you could set the fan curves up in the bios which is what i was doing until I updated the bios and it reset everything then I decided to use fan xpert instead

Jun 19, 2020
I have 4 fans showing up:
  • CPU fan (sitting around 560rpm idle)
  • CPU_OPT (1097 rpm)
  • W PUMP+ (1369 rpm)
  • AIO Pump (2080 rpm)

are those all normal idle rpm speeds?
It doesnt seem like its picking up the case fans though